Tool Grandia 2
|Category||Miscellaneous Graphics Tools|
|Release Date||11 August 2004|
|Last Modified||12 April 2013|
I wrote these programs in a time period starting almost 10 months ago. They allow you to translate Grandia 2 WITHOUT text expansion (for now). I made this package without modifying the original source, I only updated credits.
This package is composed by these programs (they’re all tools to be used with the DOS prompt. To visualize their help information, just start them without parameters).
- extAFS extracts AFS archives and allows to recreate them using extracted (and edited) files
- extL62C decompresses and compresses compressed files with L62C (an altered LZSS) (sorry for the words joke :P )
- extPVMH extracts PVHM archives (they contain PVR images) - no re-compression
- g2gc converts menu images from PVR to RAW (and vice versa)
- g2split splits Grandia 2 files (to reassemble theme use copy /b file1+file2+etc..)
- g2fd converts font file in RAW
- GR2dump experimental dumper for the text, currently the expansion makes the game crash.
It has been tested on a single piece extracted from the file 01 of the 2000.afs (see 01.rtf: Size of Text e Text Pointer) and by rebuilding afterwards the original file. GR2dump 0.1Beta9a manages a greater number of op-code but however is not free from crash.
If you need other information, please contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org).