Doki Patch Creator
|Release Date||06 January 2013|
|Last Modified||06 January 2013|
This surely is one of the best if not the best patch creator and autopatcher. We all know, what the main problems of any file patching are: using the wrong original rom, problems with renaming the new patched file, problems with the extension of the new file and problems with the original rom being overwritten!
Now let us take a look at the Patch creator by Jonatan Nilsson:
- It will NOT allow any false original roms (crc checksum is mandatory and automatic when creating or applying the patch).
- It will NOT corrupt or overwrite any of the roms (original or patched) and will do nothing to the files if the patching process is done multiple times.
- It will NOT force you to rename the patched file. It will auto name it for you, the way the author named it.
- It will NOT force you to input the file extension, like .smc or similar. It will auto determine the file extension. It is the same as the file, that the author used, so it is automatically correct.
- It uses the delta patch system, which provides the best possible shrinking of the patch.
- It uses the automated patching (no annoing browsing for the files). A dumb user can select an original rom, when asked to select the modified one. This can not happen here. Automated means you double click on one file only. If anything goes wrong, you are kindly informed about it and the process is terminated and nothing is lost or corrupted.
Read the included TXT for more info.