Nintendo DS/GBA Compressors
|Release Date||12 August 2012|
|Last Modified||19 January 2013|
Nintendo DS/GBA - Some of my compression tools (source code included).
Maybe the best set of compression tools for DS/GBA.
Support both encode and decode data:
- BIOS compatible compressions (DS and GBA)
- LZSS (with my own optimized version, ‘LZ-CUE’)
- Huffman (this first and only tool to encode properly the 8-bit mode)
- non BIOS compatible compressions (only DS)
- BLZ (used in ARM overlay files, RPG Maker DS)
- LZX (also known as LZ11 and LZ40, used in some games)
- LZE (used in Luminous Arc 2, Luminous Arc 3)
Sorry, the ‘readme’ file is in spanish language (I’m too lazy to translate).
Run each command-line tool without parameters to view their usage.
- version 1.1:
- added ‘history.txt’ file
- BLZ: added support to encode ARM9 files with 0×4000 bytes of secure area
- version 1.2:
- BLZ decode
- updated messages
- do not remove the latest 4 zeroes in uncompressed files
- BLZ encode ARM9 files
- check the size: greater as 16KB
- check the ID (0×0000): FF-DE-FF-E7-FF-DE-FF-E7-FF-DE-FF-E7-FF-DE
- check the Secure Area 2KB CRC16 (0×000E): CRC from 0×0010 to 0×07FF
- check the Secure Area 2KB end (0×07FE) : 00-00
- BLZ decode
- version 1.3:
- solved a bug from the update 1.2 in Huffman encode
- version 1.4:
- solved a bug Huffman compression (1-2-4 bits)
If you use any of my stuff in your work, please include my name, ‘CUE’, in the credits.
You may use these tools under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL).
User Review Information
No User Reviews!