Advanced NES ROM Utility - Split / Expand / Patch / Fix Checksum
|Author||Dom aka Doke|
|Platform||Nintendo Entertainment System|
|Release Date||06 September 2022|
|Last Modified||12 September 2022|
This is an easy to use utility for performing some tasks on NES / FC ROMs!
Following functions are included:
- Read iNES, NES2.0 and Nintendo header information
- Fix checksums in Nintendo header
- Split into single ROM files for burning (PlayChoice-10 support)
- Split into equal sized parts for burning (VS Unisystem support)
- Expand ROM (requires Nflate)
- Apply IPS, UPS, BPS, BDF and Xdelta patches
- Remember that only just about 33% of all NES ROMs contain a Nintendo header (which often is malformed or contains wrong information)
- Fixing checksums only works if a Nintendo header is present
- Expanding requires Nflate to be in the same directory as Advanced NES ROM Utility
- Requires .NET Framework 4.5
- Sep 11 2022: v1.1 - completely reworked mapper and submapper lists based on NesDev information, fixed bug with showing CHR RAM sizes, some minor bufixes and usability improvements in ’splitting into equal parts’ form
- Sep 06 2022: v1.0 - added submappers, fixed some bugs when splitting into equal parts, some other minor bugfixes - tools should be final for now!
- Sep 05 2022: v0.9.1 - added splitting into equal parts, show mapper plane (NES2.0) when mapper is out of basic range, added some mappers
- Sep 04 2022: v0.9 - initial release
User Review Information
No User Reviews!