Legend of Zelda Map Generator
|Platform||Nintendo Entertainment System|
|Game||The Legend of Zelda|
|Release Date||10 April 2021|
|Last Modified||11 April 2021|
This utility was created during the development of The Legend of Zelda: A New Light to explore the column combos that are used to build screens. There’s very little info on this aspect of the game and no existing tools to work with it. The utility eventually progressed into a full map generator.
The tool can be used by hackers to aid in modifying Zelda columns and screens or explore other hacks. It is exploratory only and does not write any data.
It can also be used by players to generate a map of their favorite Zelda hack when they are stuck or otherwise want to see a full map of the game with all secrets revealed.
The following maps are included in the package:
- Zelda A New Light
- Zelda Ganon’s Curse
- Zelda Hyrule’s Doom
- Zelda Link’s Shadow
- Zelda Outlands
- Zelda Awakening of Onyx
- Zelda Perils of Darkness
- Zelda Trial of Courage
- Zelda Triforce Power
- Zelda Wrath of Ganon
- Read ROM data to generate an accurate map
- Provide APIs to explore and render combo data and screens
- Find all screens that use a particular column combo
- Find all column combos that use a particular tile
- Find column and screen data locations so they can be modified
- Display all secret locations
- Display level locations
- Display flute secrets
- Display lost woods and lost hills paths
- Display armos secrets
- Display shop locations and items
- Includes example maps (listed above)
Please PM gzip with questions or other feedback.