Mega Man X6 Tweaks Patcher
|Game||Mega Man X6|
|Release Date||11 August 2021|
|Last Modified||11 August 2021|
The “Mega Man X6 Tweaks” project is a compilation of QoL hacks, gameplay improvements and localization restorations for Mega Man X6.
This is a customization tool which includes all the changes available in the stand-alone patches, and a few more. The stand-alone patches are included as a preset profiles.
The tool was written in AutoHotkey (v1.1.30.00). More information in the included readme file and in the links below:
Here are some of the options in this tool that are not available in the stand-alone patch:
- Nightmare Effects: Can be permanently removed (apart from the new custom menu options)
- Dialogues: Stage Alia calls and “briefing” dialogues can be permanently removed (apart from the new custom menu options)
- Intro: Skip Capcom intro video, skip opening video.
- Player Mechanics: More complete set of Dash parameters to tweak. Double-jump and double-tap inputs can now be disabled.
- Player Mechanics: Frame-by-frame controls for the animation timing of X’s Saber, Zero’s ground combo cooldown, and the Z-Buster.
- Player Mechanics: Attachment to ceiling can be set unlimited (Shadow Armor, Zero’s Hyoroga)
- Player Mechanics: X’s Saber can be set cancellable by dashing, both normal and with Shadow Armor.
- Balance: Boss health bar size controls, by level. Includes sub-bosses health bars.
- New Game Status: Randomize Parts carried by Rescuable Reploids.
- Localization: Additional title screen options, including the original Japanese version.
- Localization: Additional voice clips can be selected separately, adding two not included in the sample profile (title screen “Rockman X6″, and vocalized boss “Warning” from the Prototype version)
- Custom Art: Individual selection of mugshots by Metalwario64.
- Custom Art: Colors scheme options for X Ultimate Armor (mugshot and sprite palette).
- Stage Mechanics: Auto-crouching for Recycle Lab/Secret Lab 2-2 (Zero). If the ceiling crushes you in a tight spot where you would’ve survived crouching, you’ll crouch automatically and stay locked in this position until the ceiling rises.
- Stage Mechanics: Recycle Lab/Secret Lab 2-2 (Zero), ceiling movement can be completely disabled.
- Damage Tables: Complete access to all damage tables, including obstacles such as Nightmare Effects blocks. Damage values can be modified by enemy/by attack.
- Damage Tables: Gate and High Max can be made vulnerable to normal attacks
- A few additional smaller options.
Latest updates (v2.6, v2.6.1)
- GUI: Changed the way some GUI elements appear, so they’re visible in higher DPI settings. Still, if you’re on a DPI scale higher than 100%, it’s recommended to disable DPI scaling for this program (Properties - Compatibility - Change high DPI settings - Enable “Override high DPI scaling behavior…”, select “System”)
- Player Mechanics: Added Hyper Dash bonus for Mach Dash (which it has in vanilla, but was mistakenly omitted from previous X6 Tweaks versions)
- Balance: Fixed Nightmare Pressure’s health bar addresses.