Janus (Goldeneye randomiser)
|Release Date||10 September 2017|
|Last Modified||10 September 2017|
Janus (the name is a reference to the shadowy organisation within the film Goldeneye) is a utility to randomise Goldeneye. It can change many things from small (glasses on guards and which ones spawn extra reinforcements) to what weapons the enemies have in what situations. It also adds random encounters with ‘boss’ enemies through the game when you least expect.
Here’s what it can do in the current version:
- Randomise enemy weapons with a large number of permutations - each level has different random weapons
Arrow Major and minor weapons for each randomisation type - ‘common’ enemies no longer all have the same weapon on each map
- Enemy soldiers can now be promoted to NCO and Officer types with different weapons
- Higher ranked common enemy types distinguished by different bodies suitable for level
- Guards occasionally have ’super’ weapons (i.e. rocket + grenade launcher) although this is rare
- Occasional encounters with Bond villains who pop-up organically throughout the game
- Many more enemies throughout the game as any enemy can have the ’spawns clones’ flag set
- ~ 25% of all enemies are now left handed
- Starting weapon are now randomised along with the amount of ammo supplied
- Scientists can now be armed and hostile. Additionally, there can be more scientists through the game that are neutral so be careful who you shoot at!
- Level specific randomisations (currently limited to Facility and Surface 2) where keycards and mission objects are distributed randomly to enemies
- Janus can automatically update Project 64’s rdb file each time a new ROM is randomised
- .. many more small tweaks
The end goal is to make the game unpredictable again, as it was when we first played it way back when.
You can follow updates and development on this forum thread - http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=7267