Janus (Goldeneye randomiser)
|Release Date||16 July 2017|
|Last Modified||21 July 2017|
Janus (the name is a reference to the shadowy organisation within the film Goldeneye) is a utility to randomise Goldeneye. It can change many things from small (glasses on guards and which ones spawn extra reinforcements) to what weapons the enemies have in what situations. It also adds random encounters with ‘boss’ enemies through the game when you least expect.
Here’s what it can do in the current version:
- Randomise enemy weapons with a large number of permutations
- Major and minor weapons for each randomisation type - ‘common’ enemies no longer all have the same weapon on each map
- Higher ranked common enemy types distinguished by different bodies suitable for level
- Guards occasionally have ’super’ weapons (i.e. rocket + grenade launcher) although this is rare
- Occasional encounters with Bond villains who pop-up organically throughout the game
- More enemies throughout the game as any enemy can have the ’spawns clones’ flag set
The end goal is to make the game unpredictable again, as it was when we first played it way back when.
You can follow updates and development on this forum thread - http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=7267