Lufia 2 Ancient Cave Derandomizer
|Game||Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals|
|Release Date||03 June 2016|
|Last Modified||03 June 2016|
First draft of a utility to force Ancient Cave to be “randomized” the same way every time through based on a user-entered seed.
Also allows gift mode to be selected even if you don’t have a save game.
Hasn’t been tested thoroughly yet. May generate some strange ACs. Report to umokumok [at] gmail if something breaks.
Requires .NET 4.5 Runtimes. Let me know if this is a problem for anyone and I can try to build with an earlier version.
1/28/2016: Updated to 1.2.1. Added some options:
- Scale up or down enemy difficulty
- Scale up or down the jelly’s HP
- Use the same sprite for all enemies to hide which type they are (currently this is a fixed sprite, i may randomize later or base it on the difficulty setting)
- More cores, no cores, or ONLY cores appear as enemies.
- Better or worse items from normal chests
- Include items not normally dropped by normal chests (like Gades Blade)
- Randomly include or exclude gear found in chests from the cave
- An option to not perform the derandomization that makes the caves have a fixed structure (only apply the other options)
- Randomize tilesets/music
- Decrease bottom floor, with an option to scale everything up such that the new bottom floor is floor98-like.
- Gift mode always enabled or not always enabled
- Adjust starting exp level of characters when entering ancient cave (normally 1)
2/28/2016: Updated to 1.2.2. Fixed a couple bugs:
- Fixed an issue where scaling enemy types to a new max floor sometimes resulted in all lizards due to a rounding error.
- Fixed an issue where enemies were improperly scaling to max floor entry.
- Added debug logging for most features.
3/4/2016: Updated to 1.3. New features with some help from Hetdegon:
- A new slider to adjust the number of enemies found walking around on AC maps.
- You can now adjust the relative likeliness of each chest type to appear: weapons, armor, spells, blue chests, and consumables. You can specify manual values or randomize it.
- Add slider to increase or decrease the chances to find healing tiles under bushes.
- Add an option to start the cave with a Providence so you can always get out.
- Merge randomization tab in with Misc tab for now, since not much was there.
3/6/2016: Updated to 1.3.1 with a couple bugfixes.
- Fix an issue where the window was not taking the size of the title bar/border into account when sizing itself, and it would display incorrectly on systems with overly large titlebars.
- Disable chest opening fanfare when using randomized music, so it doesn’t restart every couple seconds.
6/3/2016: Updated to 1.4 with a few new features.
- Started working on a help screen to document some features of the tool. Not everything is here yet.
- Added an “Options” text box to copy/paste the whole set of options in the lower part of the window.
- Tweaks to item desirability factors with some input from SilentSigil and others.
- Redesign the way I scale item values for “item quality” when “Anything” is selected, since some items being included didn’t even have a value to begin with (like Dual Blade).
- Fix issue where included cursed items would lose their cursed-ness.
- Tooltips for some things where they were missing.
- Modify the dialogue of the guy who talks to you when you start gift mode, to clarify that it’s a (de)randomized ROM being run.
- Add option to randomize your party rather than allowing manual party selection.