|Release Date||13 May 2014|
|Last Modified||24 October 2018|
Dual is a patcher designed for the dynamic management of multiple patches in a single target file. It allows to check, apply, undo or analyze patches in a safe way.
It follows a different direction from standard patchers and it isn’t recommended for the creation of small files for distribution. However, external compression and external patchers can be used simultaneously with dual for this purpose.
Dual is compiled in the C language and only uses the standard C library and it should have high portability between different operating systems. The binaries included are for the linux systems but the source files are included for compilation.
- DUAL version 1.0 help:
- tf binary target_file
- patch patch in dual format
- original original file
- modified modified file
- -h display help and exit
- c original modified patch create new patch
- a tf patch [patch...] apply patches
- u tf patch [patch...] undo patches
- v tf patch [patch...] verify status of patches
- x patch patch [patch...] display incompatibility between patches
- m patch [patch...] display patches offsets