Metal Gear (MSX2)
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Game Date||07 July 1987|
|Release Date||08 July 2020|
|Last Modified||08 July 2020|
Metal Gear (MSX2) is an action game for the MSX.
This patch is for the Japanese localization of Konami’s Metal Gear for the MSX home computer. It translates the game to English. The context and meaning of the original Japanese is maintained, but grammar, spelling, and expressions are adapted to American English speakers.
- Faithful fan translation of all 155 messages from the original Japanese version of the game. The original United Kingdom release of the game did not include all the original messages. The current full script is 12210 bytes, and is compressed by 45% to 6693 bytes.
- New font with lowercase lettering. This is not a feature available in any other version of the game.
- Full compliance with details from other titles in the Metal Gear series.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Metal Gear (1987)(Konami)(Jp)[RC-750].rom
- CRC32: BE84C94F
- MD5: 439EA985617135D70858F0E6F88BA0F9
- SHA-1: 7D685547C2A4B92FA62E00854E4A9689D495F93D
- SHA-256: 254FFCD94D9BA2322C00DF88B21B33B338E3238B90962820BBCAA2BB621E18CF