Portopia Renzoku Satsujin Jiken
Nintendo Entertainment System
The Portopia Serial Murder Case
|Released By||DvD Translations|
|Platform||Nintendo Entertainment System|
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Game Date||29 November 1985|
|Patch Version||Rev. B (Manual Rev. B2)|
|Release Date||12 November 2011|
|Last Modified||18 December 2015|
The second NES game released by Enix, the first being the forgettable Door Door. I don’t know much about this game, but it’s by Yuji Horii, so you know it rocks. At first it looks like a standard text adventure, but I hear later on it becomes a weird Wizardry-style dungeon crawler thing.
This is the first adventure game released on the Famicom. Yuji Horii ported this, his successful NEC PC-8801 game, to the Famicom to determine whether the Famicom action game crowd would take to an adventure game. The game did quite well. Because of this, Horii was able to release the game he really wanted to make for the Famicom, the first Japanese console RPG: Dragon Quest.
Over 4 years since we released Rev. A and we are finally done with the project. We are all VERY happy to be done with this project. Our beta testers really liked the improvements to the script and we hope you will too.
Our Rev. B/B2 release features:
- Fully re-translated script by a native Japanese person who grew up in the USA and played the game when it first came out on a Famicom
- Additional code hacking to allow emulation on more emulators, more special characters creating improved Shinkaichi scene, more accurate menus, and more
- Fully translated manual in HTML format with graphics from the original Japanese manual
- Updated read-me with hints tailored to this release, since it now includes the actual manual translation
- New Secret Word, Secret Word entry form, and Updated Secret Page
- New map of game locations based on a Google Earth shot of Japan
Besides the IPS file and the Read-Me, the patch includes ROM expansion script in ROM Expander Pro format (ROM Expander tool can be found here http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/831/), HTML manual with scans from the original, and map of the area of Japan where the game takes place.
Note that the ROM patch has not changed since Rev B.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Portopia Renzoku Satsujin Jiken (Japan).nes - NOINTRO
- CRC32: 9B2B749B
- MD5: 8E2619180062804B3300477EF82A66BB
- SHA-1: C943A39CB4B4D67395A22138A78F74815B1F82D7
- SHA-256: FBB85D0BAF543E4D492ED74A95B28C3D7F51849D09A053CE6DCFE9A9EF07EC16