Super Puzzle Fighter II X for Matching Service
|Released By||Derek Pascarella|
|Patching Information||Requires Custom Patcher|
|Game Date||05 July 2001|
|Release Date||10 June 2023|
|Last Modified||10 June 2023|
Super Puzzle Fighter II X for Matching Service is an puzzle game for the Dreamcast.
This English translation patch combines the original status/information message translation by comradesnarky from ReviveDC, along with a brand-new hack that leverages the game’s secret built-in language selector to bring players a 100% complete English-language experience out of the box (sans text/graphics related to network play). A special thanks to Spike for pointing out the existence of the secret language-selection menu, which provided a foundation for modifying the game to default to English, rather than Japanese.
This patch can be downloaded in both GDI and CDI formats from the project page: https://github.com/DerekPascarella/SuperPuzzleFighter2X-EnglishPatchDreamcast
For GDI users, the DCP patch file shipped with this release is designed for use with Universal Dreamcast Patcher v1.3 or newer. Note that Universal Dreamcast Patcher supports both TOSEC-style GDI and Redump-style CUE disc images as source input.
1. Click “Select GDI or CUE” to open the source disc image.
2. Click “Select Patch” to open the DCP patch file.
3. Click “Apply Patch” to generate the patched GDI, which will be saved in the folder from which the application is launched.
4. Click “Quit” to exit the application.
Universal Dreamcast Patcher can be downloaded here: https://github.com/DerekPascarella/UniversalDreamcastPatcher
For CDI users, the XDelta patch file shipped with this release can be used with any number of Delta utilities, such as Delta Patcher. Ensure the source CDI has an MD5 checksum of 07BEF82A4E0F51CC3B8F6CED3335D88E.
1. Click the settings icon (appears as a gear) and enable “Backup original file” and “Checksum validation”.
2. Click the “Original file” browse icon and select the unmodified CDI.
3. Click the “XDelta patch” browse icon and select the XDelta patch.
4. Click “Apply patch” to generate the patched CDI in the same folder containing the original CDI.
5. Verify that the patched CDI has an MD5 checksum of 778F10DEEAE3A6659CCEB9A31A4C9819.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Super Puzzle Fighter IIX for Matching Service v1.001 (2001)(Capcom)(JP)[!].gdi