Pokémon: Yellow Version - Special Pikachu Edition
Pocket Monsters Pikachu
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Game Date||12 September 1998|
|Release Date||05 October 2021|
|Last Modified||05 October 2021|
Pokemon Yellow is the fourth version of Pokemon. Yellow is meant to be closer to the Pokemon anime. You can only pick a Pikachu as a starter that follows you around (your rival gets an Eevee that evolves based on your performance against him), Gym Leaders are closer to their TV counterparts, and you even get to battle James and Jessie a few times! The game also takes advantage of the Game Boy Color, but only marginally more than the previous games’ Super Game Boy palettes. There’s also a new Excitebike-like minigame that requires Pikachu to know Surf, and therefore tied in with events and the Stadium games (this was later enabled for all Pikachus in the Virtual Console edition).
Yellow is a neat curiosity but not everything was changed for the better: while copying the anime sounds like a good idea, it doesn’t always translate to the game very well. That said it’s still Pokemon, and one heck of a nostalgia trip besides.
Despite the popularity of Pokémon in Latin America, there is not an exclusive translation of Pokémon games for that territory, first receiving the video games in English and then inheriting the translation from Spain, which contains very different terms from those used within the franchise in Latin America.
This new version of Pokémon Yellow is 100% translated exclusively for Latin America.
- 100% Neutral Spanish Translation (Latino)
- The attacks and terms of the dubbed anime in Mexico are respected
- Translation errors of the original version were corrected
- Censorship of some dialogues applied in the West was eliminated
- It is possible to battle and trade Pokémon with official versions without any problem
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: Pokemon - Edicion Amarilla - Edicion Especial Pikachu (Spain) (CGB+SGB Enhanced)
- Database: No-Intro: Game Boy/Color (v. 20210227-015730)
- File/ROM SHA-1: 1DC242039218FBA50928D1AFB66B70565B6B9DAF
- File/ROM CRC32: 964B7A10
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|