Pokémon: Blue Version
Pocket Monsters Ao
Pocket Monsters Blue
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Game Date||15 October 1996|
|Release Date||18 September 2021|
|Last Modified||18 September 2021|
As the root from where all catch-them-all-collection craze came, this is the collector version of the very first installment of the Pokemon series of video games.
In case you’ve really lived into another galaxy during the last one-or-two decades, just know that this is an RPG where you play a young boy, who’s very interested in pocket monsters (Pokemon, for short) that roam the land. He wants to tame as many as possible and to bring them to tournaments and battle against other Pokemon tamers.
The game has a coming-of-age nicely told story, RPG turn-based battles, and does everything it can to get you to collect and raise your pokemon. As you raise them, they evolve into different forms which have various added or new powers and skills. Pokemon also have a sort of affinity, and when you pit them one against the other, it’s best to have the right kind of pokemon at your disposal for maximum effect.
Hack name: Pokémon Blue Spanish l10n
Original ROM: Pokémon Edición Azul (Spanish Pokémon Blue)
Description: The main aim of this hack of Spanish Pokémon Blue is to amend its rather appalling original in-house localization attempt. All in-game text has been localized from scratch, mainly using both the English and Spanish versions of the game. Some texts have also been contrasted using a text dump from the Japanese version, and some terminology has been updated to better match the later games. However, some other terminology has been kept as-is, since it has long stuck throughout the years and has not even seen changes in the latest remakes of this generation (i.e.: calques such as CENTRAL DE ENERGÍA for POWER PLANT).
The localization focuses on European Spanish.
Saves are compatible with all original Western release ROMs, as is trading and battling.
- Major overhaul of in-game texts.
- Addition of new characters via modification of unused ones (i.e.: ellipsis, ª, or +).
- Localization of the CREDIT text in the slot machine (CREDIT into FICHAS) as well as the “THE END” texture.
- Fixed the unnatural order of the texts displayed when EXP. ALL is used as well as when stats are increased or decreased.
- Fixed the infamous error in the text that is displayed when Prof. Oak gives you 5 Pokéball.
- Fixed the full stop which was missing systematically at the end of each Pokédex entry.
- Fixed Nidorino’s cry at the game’s intro (which displayed Nidorina’s).
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: Pokemon - Edicion Azul (Spain) (SGB Enhanced)
- Database: No-Intro: Game Boy/Color (v. 20210227-015730)
- File/ROM SHA-1: 7715E7B133E8634DF48918B9138374110212A108
- File/ROM CRC32: D95416F9
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|IIMarckus||Hacking||Created the Pokémon Blue disassembly|