Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
Phantasy Star: Sennenki no Owari ni
|Patching Information||BIN Format (GEN)|
|Game Date||16 December 1993|
|Release Date||12 September 2021|
|Last Modified||13 September 2021|
The fourth and last game in the traditional series of Phantasy Star. There was a bit of change to see in this one, but it’s still a very good game. This game, by the way, takes place 1,000 years after the time of Phantasy Star II.
You start out on the world of Motavia, controlling a woman named Alys Brangwin, and her just-promoted full-fledged partner, Chaz Ashley. You are members of a guild, known as Hunters, hired to exterminate monsters and investigate odd goings-on. It starts out with you heading to a town known for it’s high learning, known as Piata.
There is a new system introduced in this game, where you can create pre-set battle commands for everyone in the group known as a Macro. This is useful for not having to hit the same button for people every time in a fight, and for pre-setting combination attacks which can be done with two or more characters.
There is a lot of humour in this installment, especially between Chaz and another character named Rune Walsh. There is also a command in the menu called Talk, which will sometimes give you a little insight on a character and will also remind you of what you’re supposed to be doing right now in case you forget something.
Don’t pass this up if you get a chance to play it, it’s the kind of game you can enjoy easily without having to play every other one first. (I played this one first, and it prompted me to try the others)
This is a project to re-localize all classic Phantasy Star games to Brazilian Portuguese. The intention is to bring to Portuguese speakers these games with a better translation, accentuation, consistency and standardization for names used in all four games, bugs corrections and some improvements.
- This work was made using the lory1990’s disassembler, so it carries a lot of bugs corrections. (credits: lory1990)
- The translated text is based on the English relocalization made by GhaleonUnlimited for Phantasy Star: The End of the Millennium; so, expect some nice additions in game story.
- Fontwork from start screen edited and translated.
- Reduced the flash intensity from battles at critical hits.(credits: lory1990)
There is a total of 2 BPS patches for the sub-versions bellow:
- 1 - Original version: uses the names from Japanese release (just for characters and villains). It has only one exception: “Dark Phallus” was nasty, so “Dark Force” was chosen instead.
- 2 - Classic version: uses the names from american release, except that now Lutz is Noah and Dark Force is Dark Falz.
The player must pick JUST ONE of them to apply in this rom: Phantasy Star IV (USA).md - MD5: 84cbd0ff47f3c8e9d21d2c2fc39185fa
I recommend Floating IPS for this task (http://www.romhacking.net/download/utilities/1040/) More details about this relocalization can be found in the READ-ME file inside the zip package (written in Brazilian Portuguese)
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: Phantasy Star IV (USA)
- Database: No-Intro: Genesis (v. 20210226-213851)
- File/ROM SHA-1: BC7FF6D6A8408F38562BC610F24645CAD6C42629
- File/ROM CRC32: FE236442