Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
|Patching Information||BIN Format (GEN)|
|Game Date||16 December 1993|
|Release Date||11 October 2021|
|Last Modified||11 October 2021|
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium is an role playing game for the Sega Genesis.
11/10/2021 - update to version 1.0a: corrections at game text
This is a project to re-localize all classic Phantasy Star games to Brazilian Portuguese. The intention is to bring to Portuguese speakers these games with a better translation, accentuation, consistency and standardization for names used in all four games, bugs corrections and some improvements.
- This work was made using the lory1990’s disassembler, so it carries a lot of bugs corrections. (credits: lory1990)
- The translated text is based on the English relocalization made by GhaleonUnlimited for Phantasy Star: The End of the Millennium; so, expect some nice additions in game story.
- Fontwork from start screen edited and translated.
- Reduced the flash intensity from battles at critical hits.(credits: lory1990)
There is a total of 2 BPS patches for the sub-versions bellow:
- 1 - Original version: uses the names from Japanese release (just for characters and villains). It has only one exception: “Dark Phallus” was nasty, so “Dark Force” was chosen instead.
- 2 - Classic version: uses the names from American release, except that now Lutz is Noah and Dark Force is Dark Falz.
The player must pick JUST ONE of them to apply in this rom: Phantasy Star IV (USA).md - MD5: 84cbd0ff47f3c8e9d21d2c2fc39185fa
I recommend Floating IPS for this task (http://www.romhacking.net/download/utilities/1040/) More details about this relocalization can be found in the READ-ME file inside the zip package (written in Brazilian Portuguese)
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: Phantasy Star IV (USA)
- Database: No-Intro: Genesis (v. 20210226-213851)
- File/ROM SHA-1: BC7FF6D6A8408F38562BC610F24645CAD6C42629
- File/ROM CRC32: FE236442