Doubutsu Banchou (Prototype)
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Game Date||21 February 2002|
|Release Date||22 July 2021|
|Last Modified||22 July 2021|
Doubutsu Banchou (Prototype) is an action adventure game for the Nintendo 64.
Here’s a semi-direct downport of the Atlus script into the N64 prototype of Doubutsu Banchou. Translated images are original works. Their script was intentionally ruined in places where major deviations occured. For instance, “Clash” types do no exist in this prototype. Instead, there is “DarkRage”, created similar to “PaleDark”. This affects the script marginally and play strategy significantly.
Two gameplay changes were made, both drawn from the Gamecube release.
- Like in final, bonus EZ-Mutates will be added for your 20th, 50th, 80th, and 100th mutations.
- Rage meat has been added to Verdigrass Highlands, with an additional DarkRage beast added on replay. The readme includes the rationale for the change.
No bugs or incomplete features present in the prototype are addressed. Be aware that the prototype is known to lag and occationally halt when there is too much to process. Prototypes are not complete games, and this translation makes no attempt to remedy the situation. It is possible to play the entire game through from start to finish despite these issues.
Apply the xdelta patch using the similarly named xdelta. The patch will only apply to a ROM in native (big-endian) byteorder.
This game requires a 1MBit FlashRAM save to play.
A full guide on known controls, as well as gameplay and dialog notes can be found in the readme.
Special thanks to Acey for preserving and releasing this prototype.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Common Names
- Doubutsu Banchou - Unreleased - CARROT
- (Undated prototype released 2021-05-23)
- SHA512 62CBD08BF18DCC3CFF4E74104D584AB0A3664CE46933367191824F6E0F06927F0790DB02F9C615D2E5106D4DCA6EF98569B15468CCED3D8228EB150A08DBAE9D
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|