Shin Megami Tensei
Game Boy Advance
|Platform||Game Boy Advance|
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Game Date||28 March 2003|
|Release Date||17 December 2021|
|Last Modified||17 December 2021|
Shin Megami Tensei is an role playing game for the Game Boy Advance.
This translation ports the English script of the officially localized iOS version of Shin Megami Tensei to GBA. All in-game dialogue text, battle text, spell/item/demon names etc. are translated as in the iOS version, with the sole exception of BGM titles in the Music Theater (an accessory function unlocked by clearing the game once). In addition, this patch enables small-letter names for human characters, a function not present in the iOS localization.
This archive also includes an optional font patch by FlamePurge, which makes several 16×8 (big dialogue font) letters (A B M W X a c k t) look more even.
Note that in order to use this patch, both the Japanese GBA rom and the English iOS rom need to be prepared. Please see instructions in the Readme.txt file.
- Update v1.3b: Fixed a couple of texts in elevators and Weapon shops.
- Update v1.3: The currency symbol issue (after battle) has been fixed. Several other text issues have been fixed. The patcher has been updated. FlamePurge’s font hack is now included.
- Update v1.2: The currency symbol issue (after battle) has been fixed (but not working as intended).
- Update v1.1a: Several text issues have been fixed.
Any further issues can be reported on the GitHub page of this project: https://github.com/gymzatan/SMT1-iOS-to-GBA/
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: Shin Megami Tensei (Japan)
- Database: No-Intro: Game Boy Advance (v. 20210227-023848)
- File/ROM SHA-1: 7851F7F061693D664672F47F2D2D714829CF52AC
- File/ROM CRC32: B857C3C5
User Review Information
|The defacto way to enjoy a classic||Red Soul||16 Jun 2021||1.0||Yes|
|The much needed translation for the better version of this game!||P41R47||15 Jun 2021||1.0||Yes|