Super Robot Taisen GC
Super Robot Wars GC
|Released By||Super Robot Wars GC Team|
|Patching Information||Targets ISO (Disc Based)|
|Genre||Strategy > Turn Based|
|Game Date||16 December 2004|
|Release Date||02 June 2021|
|Last Modified||02 June 2021|
Super Robot Taisen GC is a turn-based strategy game released in Japan for the Nintendo GameCube, and later re-released for the Xbox 360 as Super Robot Taisen XO with some changes to content and presentation. The characters, units, and setting of this game were later adapted for use in the “Original Generation” subseries in Super Robot Wars OG: The Moon Dwellers.
This particular game is one which departs from the 2D animation that the series traditionally uses, instead having its battle scenes rendered in 3D. It also introduces mechanics which are not present in many other main entries such as the parts targeting system, as well as providing the player with the ability to capture enemy units to be used in battle.
For as much as it does different, it does retain the same base gameplay as others in the series, letting players experience a story with a cast from many popular mecha series:
- Dancouga - Super Beast Machine God
- Galaxy Cyclone Braiger, Galactic Gale Baxingar, and Galactic Whirlwind Sasuraigar
- Invincible Robot Trider G7
- Strongest Robo Daiohja
- Heavy Metal L-Gaim
- Metal Armor Dragonar
- UC Gundam series, including MS Gundam, Zeta Gundam, Gundam ZZ, Char’s Counterattack, The 08th MS Team, and 0080: War in the Pocket
- Blue Comet SPT Layzner
- Matchless Raijin-Oh
- Shin Getter Robo vs. Neo Getter Robo
- Future Robo Daltanius
- The usual Banpresto original characters and robots!
This is a complete English translation of Super Robot Wars GC for the Nintendo GameCube, which has been in production on and off since 2013. The team hopes that you’ll enjoy this title in English, as well as the somewhat unique mechanics it brings to the SRW table!
Excluding the end credits, this patch translates all the text and graphics in the game, including the library entries for each unit and character. This patch should also remain compatible with Japanese saves, though due to emulation quirks Dolphin users should consult the settings in the readme in order to ensure the game renders correctly.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Platform: Nintendo GameCube
- ROM Format: ISO
- Game ID: GRWJD9
- MD5: e7094d70e1df2cf104b7aa590945aa52
- SHA-1: b200ff936716c2b096a0e3895798c861a2fc5254
- SHA-256: AD4CB99FFB3C0383802A2AB87963F98BA417DFC5184ED3FE3DFE077DA02DB229