Newest Hacks

Starfox 2 Restoration Hack Ultimate Chakan SMB1 and a Fresh Coat of Paint Batman Eternity

Newest Translations

Sei Shoujou Sentai Lakers Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light Totally Rad Sei Shoujou Sentai Lakers II

Newest Utilities

Ogre Battle MOTBQ Encounter Editor Road Rash 64 Editor AFS FIX CheckSum MD 32X Texture Calculator

Newest Reviews

Dragon Quest: Delocalized Super Ghouls N Ghosts - Super Arthur mevoids Table Maker Mortal Kombat II Unlimited - Enhanced Colors

Featured Hack Images

Super Mario Bros. 11th Root of 3 Ike Ike! Nekketsu Hockey Bu Super hack Sirius Mario Bros. 2 Battle City Mirrored

Featured Translation Images

Zettai Muteki Raijin-Oh Kunio Kun no Nekketsu Soccer League Karakuri Kengou Den Musashi Lord BS Super Mario USA

Recent Updates

  • Hacks
    corrected ROM info (matches BPS patch checksum)
  • Hacks
    removed "Levels" modification
  • Community
    Forum name added.
  • Hacks
    The Patching Information section claimed that the patch requires a headered rom. This was definitely a mistake, so I changed it. I added a header to the original rom and the patch produced a buggy uncensored sprite with stray pixels floating around the main character. Patching a clean headerless rom restored the uncensored sprite without any graphical errors, as shown in the screenshots. Plus, the readme itself doesn't say anything about a header, which further proves the uploader made a mistake when filling in the patching details.

Dragon Quest I+II

Super Nintendo

Game Description:

Dragon Quest I+II is a role playing game for the Super Nintendo.

Translation Description:

This patch translates Dragon Quest I+II from Japanese to Spanish, and removes the bugs that freeze Dragon Quest 2 during certain dialogs, like the one in the Inn of Beranule / Beran, after curing the Prince Rolando / Kain from his curse. Another example of this is a dialog with a monk near the end of DQ2, after defeating the final enemy.

This is the first translation of Dragon Quest 1 & 2 to a Western language that doesn’t block the game in such points, what avoided further advance. It needs to be added to a “Dragon Quest I & II [Japan]” ROM (whose CRC32 checksum is 98BB6853) with no header.

Other bugs that were present in previous Western translations that are not present with this patch are some issues of misnaming of main characters in some dialogs, if we alter the order of our party members.

Added to this, this translation keeps special attention to a style and kind of speech that suits with Middle Ages, or warriors’ times, as it happens in the NES official translation to English of these games (Dragon Warrior 1 and 2). All this has been done in a way that is faithful to the original script in every aspect. Additionally, all the special symbols of Spanish language that were required have been added. There’s no untranslated phrase or sentence. Altered status names during battles (in red colour) are translated too.

The names of enemies have been translated based on the SNES Japanese names (sometimes taking into account the NES English version, too); but a second optional patch is added that translates such enemy names according to the official names used by Square-Enix in modern Spanish translations. There’s more information inside the readme.

This work has been made from scratch by Rod Merida, with further reviewing and corrections made by Vicks Dg, both of them from Crackowia translation group.

ROM / ISO Information:

  • Database match: Dragon Quest I & II (Japan)
  • Database: No-Intro: Super Nintendo Entertainment System (v. 20210222-050638)
  • File/ROM SHA-1: 1C0C6D78BF2BC29160ADF48B17EBF5A5BC46230E
  • File/ROM CRC32: 98BB6853


Screenshots: Patch Patch Patch Patch Images


ContributorType of contributionListed credit
Rod MeridaTranslationHacking and translation
Vicks DgScript Editing/RevisionFinal corrections

User Review Information

User Reviews