Sonic the Hedgehog
|Released By||Green Jerry|
|Patching Information||BIN Format (GEN)|
|Genre||Action > Platformer|
|Game Date||23 June 1991|
|Release Date||19 February 2021|
|Last Modified||22 February 2021|
Sonic the Hedgehog is a platforming action video game. Developed by Sonic Team in 1991, the blue blur himself would become one of gaming’s universal icons, and became the first series to stand as a serious rival to Nintendo’s Mario series, flaming the legendary console wars.
A classic 2-D side-scrolling platformer, you control Sonic, a blue-colored hedgehog that runs pretty darn fast across the stages (zones as they are called in the game). Scattered throughout the zones are golden rings that Sonic can collect, which allows him to not only take damage, but allow access to special stages. If completed, the special stage will grant Sonic one of six Chaos Emeralds.
Dr. Ivo Robotnik, an evil genius, realizes the power of the Chaos Emeralds, and wants them for himself. As such, Robotnik traps the innocent woodland creatures of South Island. In response, Sonic attempts to free the creatures and collect the emeralds for himself in order to stop Robotnik’s plans.
Portuguese translation of Sonic the Hedgehog for the Genesis/Mega Drive. It was made with the GitHub disassembly of the game. Zone names were taken from the official Brazilian manual by Tectoy.
The translation also:
- Fixes the title screen emblem being off-center horizontally.
- Restores the “PRESS START BUTTON” text to the title screen.
- Fixes the time counter not blinking at the 9th minute if you have rings.
- Fixes the hidden 100 point object giving only 10 points when touching it.
- Fixes the crash that happens when you pan the camera down at the end of Labyrinth acts 1 and 2.
- Skips the checksum check making the game start slightly faster.
- In Marble Zone, the results screen makes the signpost and capsule flicker due to the game hitting the limit of 80 onscreen sprites.
- The ROM will be expanded to 1 MB, because during development of this translation, the ROM ended up getting larger in size than the vanilla game.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: Sonic The Hedgehog (Japan, Korea)
- Database: No-Intro: Genesis (v. 20180824-045026)
- File/ROM SHA-1: 69E102855D4389C3FD1A8F3DC7D193F8EEE5FE5B
- File/ROM CRC32: AFE05EEE
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|Green Jerry||Hacking||Full Hacking & Translation to Portuguese|