|Released By||Stardust Crusaders, paul_met|
|Patching Information||Requires Custom Patcher|
|Game Date||27 November 1997|
|Release Date||10 May 2021|
|Last Modified||09 May 2022|
Vandal Hearts is an role playing game for the Sega Saturn.
This is a complete English patch for the Sega Saturn port of Vandal Hearts. The technical details are as follows:
- Support for VWF.
- Support for 1-byte character encoding.
- Expanded the palette of treasure chests, crates, icons
and menu frames.
- Increased the internal resolution of the game to 352×240
- Support for widescreen (you can switch on the fly from
the game menu).
- Increased video resolution up to 320×196 (original 320×144).
- Supports 4 MB expansion card to speed up loading of level maps
(almost double boost).
- Support for Gouraud shading for static lighting (glare from
the light of torches, altars and pictograms).
- The size of the background images of the loading screens
has been increased to 352×240 (original size 320×224).
- Restored the size of the rest of the background images
(size 320×240 - as in the version for PS1).
The PS1 script has been mostly ported over to this translation. But the script has been reviewed for accuracy and edited accordingly.
The Saturn version of the game has additional maps, musical compositions, items and spells. In addition, some graphical effects have been improved over the PS1 version.
Note: Readme file attached.
- Initial release [v1.1];
- Improved compatibility with 4 MB Extended RAM Cartridge [v1.2];
- Support for official 4 MB Extended RAM Cartridge [v1.3];
- Added the ability to skip cinematics (by clicking START) [v1.4];
- Added a HARD MODE (activated by pressing the L+R buttons on the title screen of the game after each restart) [v1.4];
- Fixed some errors in the text [v1.5];
The patch is too large to be hosted on RHDN, it can be downloaded here:
ROM / ISO Information:
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|paul_met||Hacking||initiator, coordinator, hacker and designer|
|Pennywise||Script Editing/Revision||testing, editing, coordinating|
User Review Information
|What A Fantastic Game and Translation||andronplays||27 Apr 2021||1.4||Yes|
|Thank you so much for this great Patch/Translation!||JakeC||09 Jan 2021||1.4||Yes|