Secret of Mana
Seiken Densetsu 2
|Released By||The SAP Team|
|Patching Information||No-Header (SNES)|
|Genre||Role Playing > Action RPG|
|Game Date||06 August 1993|
|Release Date||24 February 2021|
|Last Modified||25 February 2021|
A long time ago, there was chaos in the world. The Mana Tree restored peace to the land. An ancient sword is stuck in the ground, maintaining the balance between good and evil. A young man is tricked into pulling the sword out of the ground, plunging the world into chaos. He must travel the world and fight to restore peace to the land.
Secret of Mana is an action RPG that supports up to three players with the use of a multitap accessory. It is the sequel to Final Fantasy Adventure and was proceeded by Seiken Densetsu 3.
Secret of Mana: Reborn is the first release of the Secret of Mana Script Augmentation Project. It is the first comprehensive script remaster of the original game text since its release in 1993. This patch features:
- a complete retranslation of the original Japanese script, the first of its kind
- some minor alterations that clarify vagaries and inconsistencies in the text and the plot itself
- new events and content based on exhaustive research of authentic external materials, most of which were never translated into English
- memorable elements of both Ted Woolsey’s script and the Japanese script
- elements that were omitted from both the American and Japanese releases of the game
- the original American font
As a result, this script is almost twice the size of the SNES English release.
See the included Localization Commentary document (PDF) for in-depth notes on translation choices and more.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: Secret of Mana (USA)
- Database: No-Intro: Super Nintendo Entertainment System (v. 20180813-062835)
- File/ROM SHA-1: 8133041A363E3CC68CEDEF40B49B6D20D03C505D
- File/ROM CRC32: D0176B24
- File/ROM MD5: 10A894199A9ADC50FF88815FD9853E19
User Review Information
|Great first impressions||Thirteen 1355||06 Feb 2021||1.9||Yes|
|This is what Ted would have done if he had space and time||azidahaka||21 Nov 2020||1.1||Yes|
|This translation is faithfull... No, is bad.||nashismo||21 Nov 2020||1.0||No|
|Not sure if it improves over the original||Dzumeister||19 Nov 2020||1.0||No|