Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity
|Patching Information||Targets ISO (Disc Based)|
|Genre||Role Playing > Action RPG|
|Game Date||24 February 2011|
|Release Date||09 November 2020|
|Last Modified||11 November 2020|
Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity is an role playing action rpg game for the PlayStation Portable.
The Phantasy Star Portable series of games, released on the PlayStation Portable, are ARPGs that have MMO traits but also a focus on singleplayer content.
Infinity is an upgraded version of Phantasy Star Portable 2, the main additions are:
- A whole new story mode, and the original story is also included.
- A new race you can play as with its own special power.
- More (difficult) missions, areas, new bosses, skills, abilities, and more. This includes a new mission type called Infinity Mission which has semi-randomly generated maps and the player can customize their stats to a degree.
More power progression
- New, and more powerful loot and more ways to improve weapons.
- A Rebirth system which allows you to reset your level to 1 while keeping some of your stats.
Quality of life improvements
- You can now “lock” items to prevent accidentally selling them, and among other things, storage space has been doubled from 1000 to 2000 items.
- Some weaker skills have been improved, and vice versa. For example two-handed swords are much faster in Infinity.
- You can now invite your own characters as AI partners, or those of friends who have shared a snapshot of their character with you.
An English localization patch of Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity (PSPo2I).
This patch features:
The game is fully localized to English—this means any and all text that can be found in the game is translated.
Care has been taken to keep the translation as accurate and close to the original as possible, with few things being outright changed—this was possible due to no restrictions such as age ratings or company pressure.
Extensive UI hacking
Numerous parts of the interface had to be adjusted in order to fit the English text because Japanese as a language tends to be much more compact than the former, and in some cases even things as short as a handful of characters simply didn’t fit as the Japanese was even shorter. Elements such as window/text box sizes, window placement, text alignment and positioning inside menus, interactive menus, programmed messages, and more have been extensively modified to provide a (hopefully) seamless experience.
Image editing to English
Custom images have been made for material that was in Japanese, such as title cards, tutorial images, icons, etc.
The movies that appear in the game have English subtitles specially made and timed for them. This also goes for the Episode 1 content, which has the Japanese dub with subtitles added to them.
The Infinity Mission feature uses a naming system based on a place and a name in Japanese. This would not fit in English and so naming has been reworked. A new naming system was created using terms that thematically made sense and were also typesetting-friendly, while retaining access to the quest system linked to completing missions of this type.
There is also a quiz type mission which included questions that were impossible to solve without guessing for an English-speaking audience—those have been reworked to be solvable.
The patch is in .xdelta format and is far too large to be hosted here. It has been added to an .7z archive that also includes an installation guide, as well as additional missions that have also been translated.
Please see this post for the latest links:
ROM / ISO Information:
- Original ROM SHA-1: 2961727668BEADDE6002C1FD311CC47E9ECFD139
- Original ROM SHA-256: D8EF48D7B596708C227A46ABF0386B739AC216F64D4A12B67ACFE9F263591B5B
- Original ROM CRC32: AF5D2BC9
- Patch Archive SHA-1: 565C997FB0E598332919725828C431205F9CFAF6
- Patch Archive SHA-256: A81FEE77664683CE827D4B139BA217729D07C0AD689B02EC937EB21212E1BFBF
- Patch Archive CRC32: FF0F77B9
- Patched ROM SHA-1: DC916FB3DA6E76CAFED337AB020EF1A7FA2DC768
- Patched ROM SHA-256: 97E46B370AE99A291B9999601F3199E5820575DBD88BEAF031D76D3455057316
- Patched ROM CRC32: 10804583