Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Akumajou Dracula X: Gekka no Yasoukyoku
|Released By||Agemo, Lan Yi Dong, xade|
|Patching Information||Targets BIN/Cue (Disc Based)|
|Genre||Role Playing > Action RPG|
|Game Date||20 March 1997|
|Release Date||27 February 2013|
|Last Modified||18 May 2020|
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is an action role playing game for the PlayStation.
This game in the Castlevania series departs from the designs of the others, and takes the series into an RPG approach.
Known in Japan as Akumajou Dracula X: Gekka no Yasoukyoku (Demon Castle Dracula X: Nocturne in the Moonlight), this game takes place after the first Dracula X game (specifically, “Dracula X: Rondo of Blood”). You play as Alucard, a returning hero from the third installment of the series on the NES. Alucard is Dracula’s son, who had gone into a deep sleep for many years until he was awakened by the return of Dracula’s castle.
As Alucard, you have a large number of equipment to choose from (daggers, one-handed swords, two-handed swords, fist-type weapons, rods, as well as armor, shields, capes, helmets, accessories, and usable items).
Alucard has many techniques at his disposal. First, he has a large set of spells (about 10 or so) that he can perform by using his MP (one of the three main statistics, in addition to HP and Hearts). He can transform into a Wolf, Bat, and Mist (each of which has a few abilities of their own). He also gets familiars of varying types (demons, faeries, and even a sentient sword) to help fight his enemies.
The game itself is huge. The amount of ground you have covered in the castle can be viewed on a Metroid-style map that takes up just about the entire screen when it’s full. There is also a separate area after the castle which is just as big. There are plenty of secret areas for you to find as well.
This translation patch is created for Japanese version of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, which is Akumajou Dracula X: Gekka no Yasoukyoku. It will translate the game from Japanese to Chinese.
Some features have been added into the game:-
- Chinese Translation Staffs Opening Credit Scene (Kindly see Screenshot)
- Music Mode after the staffs opening credit scene (Kindly see Screenshot)
From the Authors, the translation info as below:-
- Few pictures not translated
- Ending credit scene in English not translated
- 8×8 fonts Japanese texts not translated, Chinese texts unable to fit inside
Two versions of patch are created.
- 97yr First Edition and 97yr Revised Edition (REDUMP v1.0)
- PlayStation the Best Edition and PSOne Books Edition (REDUMP v1.2)
Use PPF-O-Matic to patch the translation to the BIN/ISO.
- The ideal way is applies the patches on Track 1 of the BIN/ISO, then combines the BIN/ISO. (Track 2 is Audio)
- Else, directly applies the patches on the combined BIN/ISO. It will show “The size of the image is incorrect, continue?” but the patches is working as it only cover Track 1, no worry.
Translation Project Timeline:
- 27 September 2003 - 27 February 2013 (10 Years)
Addendum and Improvement created by fellow Translation Team Member:
ROM / ISO Information:
- Original Voice & Text Language: Japanese
- Serial: SLPM-86023
- REDUMP v1.0
- - CRC-32: 3a53b8b3
- - MD5: 68bf91424bb2fb266e322bd75105231f
- - SHA-1: 0a783ee31e2e9b7a80708e32cfe54bb58c5bacd6
- REDUMP v1.2
- - CRC-32: d8114e7d
- - MD5: 5021f600f109703170486dda1f0f86c1
- - SHA-1: 0d5e8ab839147526ce6eadc412661e2c5b63c7ee
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|Agemo||Hacking||ASM Hacking, Production, Minor Translating, Music Mode Creating, Solved Special BIOS Issues (Able to|
|xade||Hacking||ROM Hacking, Script Editing/Revision, Main Translating, Music Mode Creating, Production|
|Lan Yi Dong||Translation||Main Translating, Production|
|PHOE-NIX||Script Editing/Revision||Debugging, Grammatical Checking|