Demon's Blazon: Makai-Mura Monshou Hen
|Patching Information||No-Header (SNES)|
|Genre||Action > Platformer|
|Game Date||21 October 1994|
|Release Date||07 May 2020|
|Last Modified||11 May 2020|
Demon’s Crest is an action-platformer in the Gargoyle’s Quest/Ghost’s n Goblins series. You must collect different crests, each giving you different abilities/forms. Stages can be revisited later so that you can use your new abilities to access areas that were previously out of reach. The graphical atmosphere is dark and the music has a very sombre quality to it.
Collaborative translation patch between EternalDreamAR and AthbiStudio, for Demon’s Crest. Apply this bps (beat) patch using FLIPS, to an unheadered USA region ROM.
Interesting technical aspects of this patch include:
- Retranslated from Japanese parts of the game to undo censorship instances (reverting Madangore from Gingseng, for example) and restored item descriptions omitted from the localized versions.
- ASM modifications for right-to-left text flow. A first for Arabic SNES translations, as is custom for EternalDreamAR.
- Newly designed low-resolution bitmap fonts
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: Demon's Crest (USA)
- Database: No-Intro: Super Nintendo Entertainment System (v. 20180813-062835)
- File/ROM SHA-1: 743D60EE1536B0C7C24DBB8BA39D14ED5937C0D5
- File/ROM CRC32: E8236AD2