Nintendo Entertainment System
|Platform||Nintendo Entertainment System|
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Genre||Action > Platformer|
|Game Date||15 July 1983|
|Release Date||12 October 2020|
|Last Modified||12 October 2020|
Donkey Kong is a port of the 1981 arcade game of the same name, both being developed by Nintendo.
This version of the game is often considered a poor port, as it lacks one of the four levels of the original, the graphics are oddly stretched and the intermission sections and introductory cutscene are missing.
The story of the game is that Mario’s girlfriend, Pauline, has been kidnapped by Donkey Kong and carried to a construction site. Mario must climb ladders and dodge obstacles to reach the top of the building and rescue Pauline.
Donkey Kong is a timeless arcade classic, and it is finally translated to Hebrew by RetrOfir, which is also his first ever finished ROM hack.
It is based on the “Original Edition” Nintendo released in 2010 rather than the 1983 original ROM, and thus includes the previously absent “Pie Factory” stage and Donkey Kong’s climbing animations.
ROM / ISO Information:
- There are two IPS patches in the ZIP file, one is for use on the original release (1983), and one for the "Original Edition" (2010).
- Information for 1983 ROM:
- File MD5 40319CAD12C80FC095901EB0182DF838
- File SHA-1 D8DFACBFEC34CDC871D73C901811551FE1706923
- File CRC32 E40B593B
- ROM MD5 6D4A94C344463E562344249E18E9B99F
- ROM SHA-1 D222DBBA5BD3716BBF62CA91167C6A9D15C60065
- ROM CRC32 6F97C721
- Information for "Original Edition" (2010):
- File MD5 CDF3ED55C677E07D9416AB1BDDDA4F32
- File SHA-1 EE3603417CCB2058866B6C16396503609EF272AE
- File CRC32 49AEC658
- ROM MD5 D67ADC0D78F9961FB43B6B6103C56E55
- ROM SHA-1 A017A0A0AEE71FEA7BCFCB5D889E710516AB330C
- ROM CRC32 90B1B309
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|RetrOfir||Hacking||Full Hacking & Translation to Hebrew|