The Battle of Olympus
Nintendo Entertainment System
Olympus no Tatakai
|Platform||Nintendo Entertainment System|
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Game Date||28 March 1988|
|Release Date||21 March 2018|
|Last Modified||22 March 2018|
The Battle of Olympus is an action adventure game for the Nintendo Entertainment System.
The Battle of Olympus, finally in Latin like it was originally intended to be.
Technical highlights from the screenshots:
- The graphics for the title screen, like most of the game’s graphics, were compressed using a mildly irritating simple RLE scheme.
- The layout for the START/CONTINUE screen was also compressed, using a slightly more annoying Huffman + RLE scheme.
- The game’s main script was significantly troublesome to extract and insert. See the whining in the readme and elsewhere for more details on that.
- Successfully shifting the selection arrow for the Yes/No options took almost as long as translating the main script did :/
- Text still looks good on the smaller display window (okay, this really isn’t impressive at all; it’s just an excuse to give Helene some more screen time!).
ROM / ISO Information:
- Checksums (unpatched):
- GoodNES File Name: Battle of Olympus, The (U) [!].nes
- File MD5: 021D505BD7F5EA9101C33171FEEBDF3A
- File SHA-1: DC1ED05F850070CCD73DC1D0F52CDA0277A0EF05
- File CRC32: B99394C3
- ROM MD5: FD643D07B01072A1376353BD37B1F8C6
- ROM SHA-1: 6027C3631B18C7352531E4339D7B33D12C4C4E97
- ROM CRC32: 6B53006A
- Checksums (patched):
- File MD5: B78AC2675EFC20951B77B80BE7358D64
- File SHA-1: 2DC1AE4BB11CD91738B59438D1F6F5C76C7980FC
- File CRC32: 9972D80E
- ROM MD5: 189B441A77B7B7CE95D76FECF47DBB3D
- ROM SHA-1: 8315E28B9A1B7EEBE66E88ED7AF0F1308CF9188D
- ROM CRC32: 4BB24CA7
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|abw||Hacking||Full Hacking & Translation to Latin|
User Review Information
No User Reviews!