Niji no Silkroad
Nintendo Entertainment System
|Released By||Killa B|
|Platform||Nintendo Entertainment System|
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Game Date||22 February 1991|
|Release Date||31 August 2009|
|Last Modified||15 March 2016|
One of the ways in which Rainbow Silkroad is neat is because it’s somewhat loosely based on historical fact. Not so historical as that you’d actually learn something, but just enough that you’d say “oh hey, that’s neat” every once in a while. You take the role of the long-lost prince of Littleland, who must reclaim his throne from the guy Zrool that took the throne and was evil. Yeah the plot sucks, but it’s irrelevant to the coolness that is this game. Instead the heart of the game is commerce. You take advantage of prices of various goods in various towns, and go back and forth trading goods to get more money. And don’t think you can just kill monsters instead; all that monsters give you are License Points that, when enough are collected, will get you a license to trade in a certain good, such as oil. You don’t have any stats or experience either! The only way you can increase your attack or HP or whatever is by buying more powerful weapons and armor. Sounds cool, doesn’t it? Of course it does, dammit! So go play!
This is an addendum patch for the English translation of Gaijin Productions.
This patch changes some aspects of shopping:
- The lowest amount you can select has been raised to 1.
- When buying, you can’t select more than you can afford.
- When you can’t afford even one item, you’re still allowed to select one. I’m not sure if I’ll fix this. It seems like it would be an awful lot of work for such a little thing.
- This hasn’t been tested on the Japanese version.
ROM / ISO Information:
- File: Niji no Silk Road (Japan) [En by Gaijin v1.01] (~Rainbow Silkroad).nes
- Length: 393232 Bytes (3 Mbit)
- CRC32: 55700071
- MD5: 9AE9EA05 93D22B5B B04D141D 316C82C6
- SHA1: 44BD0D13 062F3A24 D1D073BB 212BF063 44F1B11C