Hack of Mega Man X3
Hack of Mega Man X3
|Patching Information||No-Header (SNES)|
|Genre||Action > Platformer|
|Hack Release Date||31 January 2012|
|Last Modified||27 December 2016|
Note: This requires a unheadered Mega Man X 3 (U) ROM!
A modification of Mega Man X3 that modifies and edits many aspects of the game to allow Zero to be fully playable.
A few features taken from the read me:
- Play as Zero anytime except areas where he’s unavailable such as the introduction stage.
- Zero is able to use sub-weapons, however, CANNOT use the Hyper Chip.
- Zero is able to air dash.
- Z-Saber damage varies depending on boss strength. (Based on speed/power combined)
- Zero is able to gather Heart Tanks, Energy Tanks and Ride Armor chips. He’s able to fill sub-weapons and Energy Tanks while also able to use them.
- Zero can use Ride Armors.
- Updated dialogue to reflect both characters being playable.
- Zero can obtain capsules and use their abilities to an extent.
- Zero has new animations for charged Triad Thunder, Ray Shot & Gravity Well.
- X and Zero are swapped during events. If you’re Zero, X will appear, vice versa.
- X and Zero have completely separate dialogue.
- The game remembers who you played as last after you’ve beaten a level or died.
- Mega Man X2 Feature in which you can shoot both buster shots at once and both will deal damage instead of the large wait time.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Country USA
- File MD5 CFE8C11F0DCE19E4FA5F3FD75775E47C
- File SHA-1 B226F7EC59283B05C1E276E2F433893F45027CAC
- File CRC32 FA0FE671
- ROM MD5 CFE8C11F0DCE19E4FA5F3FD75775E47C
- ROM SHA-1 B226F7EC59283B05C1E276E2F433893F45027CAC
- ROM CRC32 FA0FE671
- Mega Man X 3 (U).smc
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
User Review Information
Great, but has it's flawsReviewed By: Animebryan on 21 Mar 2012
First, I’d like to point out a bug for this hack. When you get to the room with the X-Buster upgrade you’ll notice that since Zero can’t dash upwards, you’ll need to switch to X in order to get up to where the capsule is. However, as soon as you get up there, you have to immediately switch back to Zero before approaching the capsule. If you approach the capsule & talk to Dr. Light as X, the game will freeze & you’ll have to reset the game.
As for the game itself, it nice to finally be able to play as Zero for the full game, even if it felt slightly harder. The problem I had was the same reason why Zero couldn’t reach the X-Buster upgrade, along with a few other items, the fact that he couldn’t dash upward! I don’t know why he couldn’t do this but it would’ve helped alot to be able to dash upwards in order to reach certain places or to climb certain walls that indented outward.
I beat Sigma twice only to ragequit afterwards because you have to climb to the top of the final boss room after you beat Sigma in order to finish the game & the walls do stick outward which normally you could just jump away from the wall & dash upward. But not with Zero! And I died twice after beating Sigma because of that flaw. I hope that the hacker either finds a way to add a upward dash for Zero or he could find a way to give Zero the double jump ability like he does in the PS1 X games.
Recommended - Yes
|A must play for any X fan||darkzero7222||06 Jan 2018||3.1||Yes|
|Gold standard for ROM hacks||thecowwarrior||13 May 2017||3.1||Yes|
|Lots of Fun!||Fakade||30 Jun 2016||3.0||Yes|
|Well done!||thepatrickinator||17 Feb 2016||3.0||Yes|
|Great, but has it's flaws||Animebryan||21 Mar 2012||N/A||Yes|
|Gives Zero the exposure he deserves... but||WeretigerRei||07 Mar 2012||N/A||Yes|