Hack of Mega Man X3
Hack of Mega Man X3
|Patching Information||No-Header (SNES)|
|Genre||Action > Platformer|
|Hack Release Date||31 January 2012|
|Last Modified||27 December 2016|
Note: This requires a unheadered Mega Man X 3 (U) ROM!
A modification of Mega Man X3 that modifies and edits many aspects of the game to allow Zero to be fully playable.
A few features taken from the read me:
- Play as Zero anytime except areas where he’s unavailable such as the introduction stage.
- Zero is able to use sub-weapons, however, CANNOT use the Hyper Chip.
- Zero is able to air dash.
- Z-Saber damage varies depending on boss strength. (Based on speed/power combined)
- Zero is able to gather Heart Tanks, Energy Tanks and Ride Armor chips. He’s able to fill sub-weapons and Energy Tanks while also able to use them.
- Zero can use Ride Armors.
- Updated dialogue to reflect both characters being playable.
- Zero can obtain capsules and use their abilities to an extent.
- Zero has new animations for charged Triad Thunder, Ray Shot & Gravity Well.
- X and Zero are swapped during events. If you’re Zero, X will appear, vice versa.
- X and Zero have completely separate dialogue.
- The game remembers who you played as last after you’ve beaten a level or died.
- Mega Man X2 Feature in which you can shoot both buster shots at once and both will deal damage instead of the large wait time.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Country USA
- File MD5 CFE8C11F0DCE19E4FA5F3FD75775E47C
- File SHA-1 B226F7EC59283B05C1E276E2F433893F45027CAC
- File CRC32 FA0FE671
- ROM MD5 CFE8C11F0DCE19E4FA5F3FD75775E47C
- ROM SHA-1 B226F7EC59283B05C1E276E2F433893F45027CAC
- ROM CRC32 FA0FE671
- Mega Man X 3 (U).smc
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
User Review Information
Gives Zero the exposure he deserves... butReviewed By: WeretigerRei on 07 Mar 2012
To start I fully recommend this but there are some issues that have nothing to do with the hack itself.
After playing an hour or so I found Zero to be far more “clunky” than X. I think it may have to do with the way his charge shots and buster work. While on the ground, Zero’s double charge shot on must be used while standing still unlike X. As a result I found it to be easier to play X early on in the game(note I forget if X’s double charge behaves in the same manner).
Note this criticism has nothing to do with the hack itself but instead how Zero was made to play by the game designers.
Recommended - Yes
|A must play for any X fan||darkzero7222||06 Jan 2018||3.1||Yes|
|Gold standard for ROM hacks||thecowwarrior||13 May 2017||3.1||Yes|
|Lots of Fun!||Fakade||30 Jun 2016||3.0||Yes|
|Well done!||thepatrickinator||17 Feb 2016||3.0||Yes|
|Great, but has it's flaws||Animebryan||21 Mar 2012||N/A||Yes|
|Gives Zero the exposure he deserves... but||WeretigerRei||07 Mar 2012||N/A||Yes|