Hack of Star Fox
Hack of Star Fox
|Patching Information||No-Header (SNES)|
|Genre||Action > Shooter|
|Hack Release Date||05 December 2022|
|Last Modified||05 December 2022|
“The Star Fox Team is back! But this time, their mission is to fight for their very existence!
The Mario Bros. have decided that the Star Fox franchise no longer has a place within the grand Nintendo universe, and has set out to destroy the Lylat System forever, with the help of characters from more successful Nintendo IPs! They have also posed as Andross in order to hire the infamous Star Wolf team, a rival band of mercenaries led by Wolf O’Donnell, to distract Star Fox while they pull off their plans! Can Fox and his team put aside their former friendship with the Nintendo All-Stars to save both the Lylat System and everything associated with their franchise?”
Experience the amazing power of the Super NES and the SuperFX chip and take full control of Starfox!
This romhack boasts dozens of amazing additions and features, including, but not limited to:
- A brand new map with 17 new levels, new bosses, music, backgrounds, enemies and more!
- A 3+ page pre-game menu to customize your experience!
- Use the SNES Mouse, Super Scope, NTT Data Pad or Multi-Tap for a new way to play!
- Play with 2/3/4/5 people, AI controlled teammates, or ships all controlled by player 1!
- Wireframe mode, grid lines, palette changes and more!
- Customize your player ship and crosshair style with new crosshair functionality!
- A full model test viewer, BGM/SFX test menu and Super Scope Calibration screen!
Experience the passion project that has seen thousands of hours dedicated to it: Starfox: EX
Twitter: @kandowontu Discord: discord.gg/U4CtzqDGa5
- Native compatibility with BSNES, SNES MINI/CLASSIC and Switch NSO Emulation (fixed header)
- Pre-Game menu now starts highlighting START GAME for a quicker start
- HUGE ISSUE IN 2 PLAYER MODE - second player in-game firing would only cause player 1 to fire - fixed
- This also affected “p2 not able to fire after getting dual blasters”
- Multiplayer - Fixed ending sequence, players 2-5 will now fly away before exiting the tunnel
- Multitap mode - hp data no longer shows on controller select screen, during intro/ending
- Multiplayer/Multitap mode - all fanfares now have teammates fly off instead of acting weird
- Can now customize ships for ALL players
- God Gun 98/99 - fixed the ability to break the game in gekou tunnel against mid-boss, it now progresses properly
- Warp-Out fanfare - shadows were set on for some reason. Now off.
- Added tip in training mode about barrel rolling
- Added tip in training mode about banking
- 5-1 - Reduced the amount of mountains
- 5-2 - removed a few enemies before the big mountain
- 5-2 - Fixed Black Rose cheesing during his intro
- 6-1 - Reduced the amount of mountains
- 6-3 - Removed all chase scenes/teammate dialogue during second half, adjusted timing
- 6-3 - reduced some mapwaits, removed 2 sharks before the final cutscene
- 6-6 - Removed some venom objects to reduce lag
- 7-1 - Reduced the amount of mountains
- 7-4 - Re-adjusted Air Raider again, hopefully ending the rare crashes
- Fixed “Habitable Zone” in boss roll
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: Star Fox (USA) (Rev 2)
- Database: No-Intro: Super Nintendo Entertainment System (v. 20210222-050638)
- File/ROM SHA-1: CF08148CD8F26D51F8C67C956179DFC594E7A4F1
- File/ROM CRC32: 8FC4E6D0
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|kandowontu||Hacking||Lead developer, ASM work|
|SegaRetro92||Graphics||Graphics, Palettes, Backgrounds|
|Random Stuff||Music||Music, Models, Levels|
|phonymike||Hacking||Music, SPC ASM, General Lifesaver|
|Euclidium||Graphics||Modeling, Model Conversions|
|Livvy94||Music||Music Contributions, Music Transcriptions|
|Sunlitspace542||Graphics||Avatar work, Misc Graphics|
|CoolK||Script Editing/Revision||General gruntwork, ASM modifications|
|Catador||Hacking||General ASM help|
|MrL314||Hacking||SuperFX Code, Music BIN unpacking|
User Review Information
The unofficial sequel that Star Fox deserves!Reviewed By: The Beaky Buccaneer on 11 Nov 2022
I love the SNES installments in the Star Fox series, and because every official release since Star Fox 64 doesn’t really play the same as those and (as the humourous description of this hack’s story notes) the Star Fox series has since been neglected pretty badly, I’ve been left wanting more games in that vein for a long time! Star Fox EX absolutely delivers.
This hack is packed with a huge amount of content, from an all-new story-mode (with an excellent new soundtrack and difficulty that seems to mostly be on-par with that of the original game; There’s also a very amusing endless map that can be accessed post-game), to new ways to play and explore the original title, with tons of hidden secrets and references in between. It’s clearly been made by people who really know what makes the original SNES games tick, and that love and care shows throughout. Even the trailer shows the same attention-to-detail!
Everything that I’ve played and seen in Star Fox EX so far has raised a smile, and you can tweak and discover so much that you’ll be coming back to this hack a lot just to see what else there is. The Star Fox series deserves a great ROM-hack like this, and if you’re a fan you owe it to yourself to check it out!
Version 1.0 Recommended - Yes
|The star of the show||Supergamerguy||27 Nov 2022||1.03||Yes|
|Star Fox Complete Edition||Overdrive||18 Nov 2022||1.02||Yes|
|Original SF Gameplay but more fun!||Rockman_X||11 Nov 2022||1.0||Yes|
|The unofficial sequel that Star Fox deserves!||The Beaky Buccaneer||11 Nov 2022||1.0||Yes|
|My jaw dropped, and I'm too busy playing this to pick it up!||Red Soul||10 Nov 2022||1.0||Yes|
|No other hack has ever received so much love||Pelapapas||10 Nov 2022||1.0||Yes|
|I Dig it Like a Hole to China!!!||Creature667||10 Nov 2022||1.0||Yes|