Hack of Star Fox
Hack of Star Fox
|Patching Information||No-Header (SNES)|
|Genre||Action > Shooter|
|Hack Release Date||05 December 2022|
|Last Modified||05 December 2022|
“The Star Fox Team is back! But this time, their mission is to fight for their very existence!
The Mario Bros. have decided that the Star Fox franchise no longer has a place within the grand Nintendo universe, and has set out to destroy the Lylat System forever, with the help of characters from more successful Nintendo IPs! They have also posed as Andross in order to hire the infamous Star Wolf team, a rival band of mercenaries led by Wolf O’Donnell, to distract Star Fox while they pull off their plans! Can Fox and his team put aside their former friendship with the Nintendo All-Stars to save both the Lylat System and everything associated with their franchise?”
Experience the amazing power of the Super NES and the SuperFX chip and take full control of Starfox!
This romhack boasts dozens of amazing additions and features, including, but not limited to:
- A brand new map with 17 new levels, new bosses, music, backgrounds, enemies and more!
- A 3+ page pre-game menu to customize your experience!
- Use the SNES Mouse, Super Scope, NTT Data Pad or Multi-Tap for a new way to play!
- Play with 2/3/4/5 people, AI controlled teammates, or ships all controlled by player 1!
- Wireframe mode, grid lines, palette changes and more!
- Customize your player ship and crosshair style with new crosshair functionality!
- A full model test viewer, BGM/SFX test menu and Super Scope Calibration screen!
Experience the passion project that has seen thousands of hours dedicated to it: Starfox: EX
Twitter: @kandowontu Discord: discord.gg/U4CtzqDGa5
- Native compatibility with BSNES, SNES MINI/CLASSIC and Switch NSO Emulation (fixed header)
- Pre-Game menu now starts highlighting START GAME for a quicker start
- HUGE ISSUE IN 2 PLAYER MODE - second player in-game firing would only cause player 1 to fire - fixed
- This also affected “p2 not able to fire after getting dual blasters”
- Multiplayer - Fixed ending sequence, players 2-5 will now fly away before exiting the tunnel
- Multitap mode - hp data no longer shows on controller select screen, during intro/ending
- Multiplayer/Multitap mode - all fanfares now have teammates fly off instead of acting weird
- Can now customize ships for ALL players
- God Gun 98/99 - fixed the ability to break the game in gekou tunnel against mid-boss, it now progresses properly
- Warp-Out fanfare - shadows were set on for some reason. Now off.
- Added tip in training mode about barrel rolling
- Added tip in training mode about banking
- 5-1 - Reduced the amount of mountains
- 5-2 - removed a few enemies before the big mountain
- 5-2 - Fixed Black Rose cheesing during his intro
- 6-1 - Reduced the amount of mountains
- 6-3 - Removed all chase scenes/teammate dialogue during second half, adjusted timing
- 6-3 - reduced some mapwaits, removed 2 sharks before the final cutscene
- 6-6 - Removed some venom objects to reduce lag
- 7-1 - Reduced the amount of mountains
- 7-4 - Re-adjusted Air Raider again, hopefully ending the rare crashes
- Fixed “Habitable Zone” in boss roll
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: Star Fox (USA) (Rev 2)
- Database: No-Intro: Super Nintendo Entertainment System (v. 20210222-050638)
- File/ROM SHA-1: CF08148CD8F26D51F8C67C956179DFC594E7A4F1
- File/ROM CRC32: 8FC4E6D0
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|kandowontu||Hacking||Lead developer, ASM work|
|SegaRetro92||Graphics||Graphics, Palettes, Backgrounds|
|Random Stuff||Music||Music, Models, Levels|
|phonymike||Hacking||Music, SPC ASM, General Lifesaver|
|Euclidium||Graphics||Modeling, Model Conversions|
|Livvy94||Music||Music Contributions, Music Transcriptions|
|Sunlitspace542||Graphics||Avatar work, Misc Graphics|
|CoolK||Script Editing/Revision||General gruntwork, ASM modifications|
|Catador||Hacking||General ASM help|
|MrL314||Hacking||SuperFX Code, Music BIN unpacking|
User Review Information
No other hack has ever received so much loveReviewed By: Pelapapas on 10 Nov 2022
From the promo video to the amount of play modes, stages, additional features and customizations, this is by far one of the best hacks ever made.
Seriously guys, you should start your own indie game studio, just amazing work.
PS. Kindly do Zombies Ate My Neighbors next :)
Version 1.0 Recommended - Yes
|The star of the show||Supergamerguy||27 Nov 2022||1.03||Yes|
|Star Fox Complete Edition||Overdrive||18 Nov 2022||1.02||Yes|
|Original SF Gameplay but more fun!||Rockman_X||11 Nov 2022||1.0||Yes|
|The unofficial sequel that Star Fox deserves!||The Beaky Buccaneer||11 Nov 2022||1.0||Yes|
|My jaw dropped, and I'm too busy playing this to pick it up!||Red Soul||10 Nov 2022||1.0||Yes|
|No other hack has ever received so much love||Pelapapas||10 Nov 2022||1.0||Yes|
|I Dig it Like a Hole to China!!!||Creature667||10 Nov 2022||1.0||Yes|