RUN=DIM as Black Soul
|Patching Information||Requires Custom Patcher|
|Genre||Strategy > Turn Based|
|Published By||Idea Factory|
|Game Date||06 September 2001|
|Release Date||27 October 2022|
|Last Modified||27 October 2022|
RUN=DIM as Black Soul is an strategy turn based game for the Dreamcast.
RUN=DIM as Black Soul is a turn-based strategy RPG for SEGA Dreamcast, made by Idea Factory & Yuki & Digital Dream Studios. Must-play for fans of series such as Front Rayblade, Sunrise Eyiuutan, Super Robot Wars or Front Mission. Game is fully translated to English, thanks to a great job by RafaMGam - our brilliant translator. From now on, you can play and experience this hard&challenging tactical title! It has been tested to work on emulators and real Dreamcast hardware.
Game is fully translated to English, thanks to a great job by RafaMGam - our brilliant translator. From now on, you can play and experience this hard&challenging tactical title! It has been tested to work on emulators and real Dreamcast hardware.
Use Universal Dreamcast Patcher, on your org. GDI image (T-46201M), and the .dcp file included with this patch. Run UDP choose GDI & .DCP file and the rest should be self-explanatory. Download Universal Dreamcast Patcher here: https://github.com/DerekPascarella/UniversalDreamcastPatcher/releases/ Get the regular ZIP, not the source code.
Remember about credits and feel free if you want to make a CDI image. I have also prepared a translation tools pack (!) for all - use them for your projects ^^
- The patch is too large to be hosted on RHDN, it can be downloaded here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/zcgif8n1au9jrfy/DC_RUNDIM_ENG_ROLLY.zip/file
- All Download links is available on: http://sega.c0.pl/romhacking_mods_translation.html
- Useful SEGA Dreamcast Translation Tools Pack is available on: www.mediafire.com/file/9ymrs1lvjxnxsn2/SEGA_Dreamcast_Translation_%2526_Hack_Tools.zip
- Old webpage: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/run/game.html
- Promotion Music Clip 「Heaven Knows」 by Nana Mizuki: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uPBmaO2FI4
- Rolly - project head, translation, implementation, hack, GFX, video, web, playtest
- RafaMGam - lead translator
- esperknight - romhacker & Atlas/text implementation specialist
- Translated all dialogs, mission, items, menus and graphics
- Subtitles on videos (wait in main menu, it’s a pity that only used 320×240 resolution)
- Removed loading screens
- Bigger font in menus
- Nothing down sampled in GDI version
- Support for real hardware, GDEMU, emulation
- Region FREE & VGA support
- The game has a weird security feature, if you want to add a cover 0GDTEX.PVR, you have to delete some file ex. DIGI.BIN, otherwise the game will freeze in game main menu.
ROM / ISO Information:
- T-46201M / NTSC-J
User Review Information
A poor translation of a halfway-decent gameReviewed By: Julfordio on 29 Oct 2022
I’d never heard of this game before seeing this translation patch, but as a fan of both strategy games and mecha (and especially strategy mecha games) I was more than happy to give it a try. The game itself is pretty solid, actually! A fun basic premise and gameplay loop, and upgrading the mechs feels great and responsive… initially. By endgame both your mechs and your opponents are maxed out in almost every stat and things drag a bit as individuality of mech builds fades away, but the game until that point is enjoyable enough that I can easily recommend it with the caveat of “If/When the game stops being fun, stop there because it never gets better.”
Anyway enough about the game, how’s that translation?! The statistics for all your mecha and pilots are translated into English, allowing you to easily navigate any and all menus with no issue. If that was all this patch set out to do, it would be a 9/10 translation job right there. But they chose to translate what little dialogue and plot this game has, and it’s rough. Broken sentences dominate nearly every single line of dialogue in the game, there are issues with inconsistent naming all over the place (Choosing the “Eliminate Bandit Camp” mission begins a stage titled “Eliminate Pirate Camp”), and major character names suffer from not understanding how to parse katakana names such that the obvious “Sergei” is instead referred to as “Selgei” (or Selgiei, as the in-battle UI denotes). The story is minimal enough that one can ignore this issue, and it never interferes with understanding mission objectives, but it’s a real rough waters once you leave the main menu.
That said, ultimately I think this translation is worth using just for the menu changes alone. The game has enough stats to manage that you really need to be 100% certain about what you’re upgrading at all times, just be aware that you’re getting a story translation rivalling the awkwardness of MTLs a lot of the time.
Version 1.0 Recommended - Yes
|A poor translation of a halfway-decent game||Julfordio||29 Oct 2022||1.0||Yes|