Mother 2 Deluxe
Hack of EarthBound
Mother 2 Deluxe
Hack of EarthBound
|Patching Information||Requires Custom Patcher|
|Hack Release Date||04 February 2021|
|Last Modified||21 November 2021|
The new 2.0 version of Mother 2 Deluxe is a VAST improvement over the old 1.31 version that was here in romhacking.net.
A very small selection of major new features:
- Massively rebalanced to make the game more fair and less arbitrarily difficult.
- Jeff has his own Tools menu of his special items to free up his inventory.
- Many new battle animations for PSI and Jeff’s Tools.
- New final dungeon to tie Mother 2 and 3 together.
- Your Places (formerly known as Your Sanctuaries) that can be skipped until later (Lilliput Steps, Milky Well, Magnet Hill, and Pink Cloud) now auto upgrade their enemies and bosses over time to stay at your power level all game.
- Enemies completely reprogrammed to be very intelligent. Bosses and stronger enemies can detect status ailments on them and heal themselves.
- New PSI and PSI arrangements and costs.
- New battle sprites and enemy overworld sprites.
SO MUCH MORE!
Hack requires EBP (Earthbound Patcher) in order to patch.
Does not play nice with Snes9x and Zsnes (why are you using Zsnes!?) Recommended emulators are BSNES and Mesen-S.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: EarthBound (USA)
- Database: No-Intro: Super Nintendo Entertainment System (v. 20210222-050638)
- File/ROM SHA-1: D67A8EF36EF616BC39306AA1B486E1BD3047815A
- File/ROM CRC32: DC9BB451
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|Messianic||Design||Everything other than ASM hacking, and a small amount of ASM|
|The Kirby||Hacking||ASM hacking all previous versions|
User Review Information
Good for veterans, bad for newcomersReviewed By: ScoutNess on 20 Sep 2022
About this hack… It’s a mixed bag, i personally like the new content and changes that brings this game closer to its overall better sequel gameplay and story wise, and it’s a very nice way to revisit Earthbound after you’re done with the 3 games and want something new, bringing a new challenge and motivating those who had enough with the series to come back for more.
However, i do not recommend it to newcomers who are getting introduced to the series now, this is mostly a “better” version of the original game, which adds more content and fixes to bring more life to it with new animations and changes, however, a big portion of those changes are not beginner friendly, as they often add more challenge into the package, and that is not good for those who are starting with the series and want a fresh experience, as an example, the continuous attacks from Mother 3, they’re supposed to be a mechanic introduced in the third game, and only those who played Earthbound first would enjoy that change because it’s a creative way to differ from its previous, more simplistic game. In Sanctuary Bosses, the attacks deal more than enough damage to completely obliterate the HP of your entire party which makes the pressure absurdly big and rather unpleasant, like the Plague Rat of Doom fight.
Some fights are really difficult and require exclusive strategy to the hack itself to beat, as an example, i was stuck on the Shroom and stopped playing the hack for a while because of that, and i didn’t know about the Neutralizer, so i had to go the discord server just to see how i could beat it, and that is too much over the top just to see how you can beat a boss in a hack that changes the strategy completely, which is devastating for those who played Vanilla first.
I suggest adding guides on how to beat bosses like the Shroom or the Clumsy Robot.
But that’s fine, honestly, after i learned how this hack treats you with its challenge, i eventually got used to it and had more fun than i had in the original game, the extra content made it a lot more interesting and fun, so i can’t wait for the new version being worked on!