Hack of Mega Man
Hack of Mega Man
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Genre||Action > Platformer|
|Hack Release Date||13 August 2022|
|Last Modified||13 August 2022|
The level design and enemies is the same as the original. Some of the changes:
- New title screen;
- All mega man sprites have been changed to that of a woman;
- Shot sprite changed to super shot;
- Turbo shooting button!
- Magnetic shot changed to not spend a lot as a result of turbo shot. But with a side effect: you can only fire one magnetic floor shot at a time. :/
- Removed the bug that prevents the enemy from taking damage from the turbo shot;
- Music is the same with a subtle change.
ROM / ISO Information:
- No-Intro Name: Mega Man (USA)
- (No-Intro version 20130731-235630)
- File SHA-1: 2F88381557339A14C20428455F6991C1EB902C99
- ROM SHA-1: 6047E52929DFE8ED4708D325766CCB8D3D583C7D
- Patched File SHA-1: 9AC4BEA378F612AF3C8EF42AA7290D84E1EF8A04
- Patched ROM SHA-1: 3CAEA9031FBA69E76194E76CA345348B24EC3CA9
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
User Review Information
A broken hack that I enjoyed until I couldn'tReviewed By: CarinM on 17 Aug 2022
This is cool… and currently broken, sadly.
So the edited sprite is cute. I’m here for it. The turbo fire is fine, even if modern emulation means I can turn that on easily, too.
The issue is that breaking the magnet beam without reworking wily castle kinda breaks this game. You cannot get to the yellow devil. Having the magnet beam weakened also makes Ice Man’s stage dangerous because the footholders are glitchy as heck.
This is cute, but needs a bit of a fix :)
Version 1.0 Recommended - No
|A broken hack that I enjoyed until I couldn't||CarinM||17 Aug 2022||1.0||No|
|This is pretty cool||Googie||15 Aug 2022||1.0||Yes|
|Both interesting and cute||Red Soul||15 Aug 2022||1.0||Yes|