Super Mario RPG: Armageddon
Hack of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Mario RPG: Armageddon
|Released By||DarkKefka, Doomsday31415|
|Patching Information||No-Header (SNES)|
|Hack Release Date||22 July 2022|
|Last Modified||25 July 2022|
Super Mario RPG: Armageddon is a difficulty and content mod for Super Mario RPG. It rebalances the entire game and adds a lot more post-game content, such as more FF bosses, two boss rushes, and even some special guests!
Here you’ll find:
- The damage formula has been completely rewritten to allow for much bigger numbers
- Brand new spells like Holy Star, Galaxy Blast, and Geno Flurry
- New status effects like Curse and even a new element: Holy
- New weapons, armor, and accessories for each character
- Dozens of new bosses from a variety of franchises, including Final Fantasy, Pokémon, and more
- Reworked and reimagined bosses throughout the main story, along with several surprises
- Dozens of new attacks and spells used by monsters
- Tons of new and custom sprites, including the new bosses and other characters like Luigi and Rosalina
- Over a dozen music tracks remixed into SMRPG from various franchises
- The fact that you can get to level 50 is such a minor detail here, it’s barely worth mentioning
- And so much more!
Version 10 has a Normal mode and a Hard mode.
- If you want to beat the game, play the normal version!
- If you’ve beaten the normal version and want to question your sanity, suffer at the hands of the hard version!
It is not recommended to try to switch between versions in the middle.
Note: Be warned that Hard mode is insanely hard, and it is highly recommended to play Normal first.
View the readme for more information, including links to boxart, the discord, and the wiki!
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: Super Mario RPG - Legend of the Seven Stars (USA)
- Database: No-Intro: Super Nintendo Entertainment System (v. 20210222-050638)
- File/ROM SHA-1: A4F7539054C359FE3F360B0E6B72E394439FE9DF
- File/ROM CRC32: 1B8A0625
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
User Review Information
A grindy tedium with all the best content in endgameReviewed By: keatto on 08 Aug 2022
Comparing the beginning of the hack to the end is night and day. If you have a means of loading completed game data to enjoy all the custom bosses and challenges it has scattered around the world.
Initial stages including the intro can lead to many deaths requiring a start over since save points haven’t been introduced yet. The early areas are very grind heavy, with exp rewards not matching the difficulty of battles. You’ll find fighting goombas is the best way to progress initially.
New strategies involve using items given whenever you hit a wall. Back up saves recommended. gave you earlier on this boss’. Bandit’s way wasn’t much better. There’s an announcement that power stars were removed from the game, to give you an idea of the grind ahead.
Play on PC, use save states, and fast forward to burst through to any new content. Bandit’s way has elixir drops in the last area.
Version 10a Recommended - No
|A cultivated effort of love and dedication for an old classic||The Arkanum||01 Sep 2022||10a||Yes|
|An amazing hack when you get the hang of it.||VSX||29 Aug 2022||10a||Yes|
|A grindy tedium with all the best content in endgame||keatto||08 Aug 2022||10a||No|
|My favorite hack of any game ever!||NitroTheCatLover||21 Jul 2022||10||Yes|
|Masterpiece||Crossjoint||23 Apr 2022||10||Yes|
|A technical marvel of a hack that goes far beyond being just "a difficulty hack"||Will331999||09 Aug 2022||10a||Yes|
|A Good Hack, With One Problem...||gamingcat02261991||05 Apr 2022||10||Yes|
|The definitive version of SMRPG for me||rolly_boi||16 Mar 2022||10||Yes|
|Play Normal Mode for a fun time||smbai||15 Mar 2022||10||Yes|