Hack of The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Hack Release Date||03 March 2014|
|Last Modified||14 February 2015|
New Awakening is a full hack of Link’s Awakening featuring broad revisions to all dungeons and textual edits, overworld edits, and sequence fixes to support a new dungeon order, as well as cosmetic edits to most dungeons and parts of the overworld. The difficulty is substantially increased, with new puzzles as well as new monster encounters, but backtracking is minimal, difficult puzzles offer subtle clues (the owl statues have been updated as well), extra resources are available where needed, and the challenges do not require save states or perfect gameplay. The game is balanced for those who have played the game once or twice, but the game is playable by newcomers as well, as the hack does not throw everything at the player at once. The difficulty begins fairly moderate and gradually increases over time. Necessary information is found in the readme. The patch is made with Lunar IPS.
Update: Various corrections have been made since the last release, removing a few bugs and graphical errors. If you see something that looks wrong, send me a personal message and I can either explain it or change it as needed.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Country: USA
- CRC-32: 7D07A17B
- SHA-1: BABC3040E79F7125A022E35DDBCBA0414CDBB0E2
- SHA-256: 4AE05F3D384298292621576E468FBF60C7C7151AB1F24172FD4791DCF87E76B9
- MD-5: 4855040E3CDD3AB52CEBFE08589585DD
- Legend of Zelda, The - Link's Awakening DX (U) (V1.2) [C][!]
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
User Review Information
Game Crashes at Marin PickupReviewed By: hunter0333 on 15 May 2022
Seems like a really neat romhack, the overworld is redesigned in a way that makes you have to re-discover paths. The start of the game is different than normal, and it tests your knowledge of the base game in order to accomplish specific tasks.
There seem to be some bugs though:
- Heart pieces are not permanent pick ups, they seem to lessen by 1 when the game is loaded. Collecting 4 for a heart means you will lose that heart and have 3 pieces.
- The game hard locks when you pick up Marin for the Yarna Desert quest, with no way to save and quit in order to correct it.
- The ROM information seems to be inaccurate, since the version they say to use does not have the same information as they state.
I would recommend it if not for the Marin bug.
Version 4.1 Recommended - No
|Game Crashes at Marin Pickup||hunter0333||15 May 2022||4.1||No|
|Very refreshing and emotional for a nostalgic like me!||freddodo||09 Aug 2021||4.1||Yes|
|Game Crash / Freeze after getting Marin in beach||ryancaesar12345||01 Apr 2019||4.1||Yes|
|Very tough, but very rewarding||dewey||03 Nov 2018||4.1||Yes|
|Confusing but fun||SKmuffinEXE||11 Feb 2015||4.0||Yes|
|Much better||puzzledude||08 Apr 2014||N/A||Yes|
|Don't play this until it's fixed||Masterlink||15 Mar 2014||N/A||No|