Rockman 2: Dash!
Hack of Mega Man 2
Rockman 2: Dash!
Hack of Mega Man 2
|Released By||Yoshitsumu [Small Apple]|
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Genre||Action > Platformer|
|Hack Release Date||27 January 2007|
|Last Modified||07 August 2013|
Here is a complete level hack for Rock Man 2. All the levels have been change and some graphical changes have been made as well. This ROM patch is meant for the Rock Man 2 ROM. If applying to a Mega Man II ROM, please apply at your own risk. Included in this ZIP are 2 patches. One is the original patch and the other is the PLUS version which has increased difficulty.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Rockman 2 - Dr. Wily no Nazo (J) [!].nes - GOODNES 3.14
- CRC32: 30B91650
- MD5: 055FB8DC626FB1FBADC0A193010A3E3F
- SHA-1: FB51875D1FF4B0DEEE97E967E6434FF514F3C2F2
- SHA-256: DEB88223311ACA8CA566B99D4063CA29D389D939FEE455F83AFAEC97C6F0A5D1
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|Yoshitsumu [Small Apple]||Hacking|
User Review Information
Rockman 2DASH - The hack that...Reviewed By: diablo666 on 18 Dec 2021
…trying to be complex and interesting, and simple and interesting. These two patches are exactly what they should embody.
Rockman 2 DASH - trying to be simple and interesting. To some extent, it turns out. The stages of Robomasters are not without sin, but they are made correctly, qualitatively and interestingly. Really well made.
But the stages of the Wily Castle are another story. They are out of the concept.
- Wily 1 - there are sections where Item 1 cannot pass without reaction and precise settings. He has already added a little complexity, but tolerable.
- Wily 3 - Part of the platforming Stage with spikes on top and bottom. It seemed like what was the problem? There is it: “the stage is mostly in the water.” Jump too high - lost. Plus, they also installed a robot that blows in the opposite direction, complicating the transition along the “disappearing platforms”.
- Wily 3 - In another place - a very difficult jump, even in the water. Why is it difficult? It is necessary in time (to freeze time) to install a falling platform and super successfully jump from one to another
I do not describe the rest of the stages of Castle Wily - because they really came out honest. However - in most cases - I experienced discomfort from the stages. It seemed that they were more or less of an average level, but there were also frustrating moments. Alas and ah - it really started to be interesting, in some way “vanilla”, but not in full image happy with it.
Here on your court, because this version is 50/50 out.
Rockman 2 Dash (+) - trying to be complex and interesting. To some extent, it turns out. The stages of Robomasters are not without sin, but they are made correctly, qualitatively and interestingly. Really well made.
But the stages of the Wily Castle are another story. They are out of the concept. Showed that it “will be more difficult than you imagine”
- Wily 1 - immediately makes it clear that he will squeeze all the ItemS out of us. I really didn’t have enough Item 1 to pass the stage. I had to farm energy, and this is an artificial stretching hack (yes, games in general). Among the most unloved.
- Wily 2 - More honest, but it turned out to be 2 misses. The first one - in one section - has “disappearing blocks”. If you jumped or fell at the wrong time, you spent 1UP cheap. And the second: “even though we are in the water, but we need to skillfully stop the falling platform (freeze time) in order to move to the second and not manage to fall on the spikes. On the plus side: An interesting Boss fight in the water. It’s really interesting.
- Wily 4 - There are too many Puzzle Rooms with the use of ItemS. Rather, there are 6 of them. I partially admit that some rooms are made cleverly and interestingly, and some are made unsuccessfully, where the role of “passing” is not your skill of the game or the correct position of the Item, but “the correct position of the Item and luck not to get into the spikes.” And I got on the spikes often. More often than I would like. Plus - throwing far back, and start it all over again… And “save up everything you’ve lost. Farm Farm and Farm” A Sixth puzzle is really good. Use bombs and Items correctly. Here they coped with a bang!
As a result, it turned out that all the charm and interest were killed by the last stages of this hack. Here, honestly, it’s a pity. I really thought this version would come out better. Harder, but not overkill with complexity. BUT NO.
Conclusion: “I can’t recommend this, because behind the deceptive beginning - you will clearly be very upset by what awaits at the end”
P.S. I missed the most important thing. What is common between the versions and their differences.
The common features of these versions are: A musical component, a graphic component and the same more or less Wily 6.
The musical component - takes music from MM1 and MM2 and tries to work correctly. And, really, it turned out successfully and interestingly
The graphical part of the hack is taken from MM1, MM2 and MM3. Honestly, the solution is not entirely clear to me, but I am not the one to judge it. It’s just a fact. And, yes - in these versions - almost one-on-one - graphically fall into each other.
Stage Castle Wily 6 - That’s where they beat interestingly. Really interesting. Part of the Level Design and the entire graphic component is taken from MM2 Wily Castle 4. It’s just a fact, nothing more.
General and final conclusion about the versions of this hack: “To be honest, I saw in this some reinterpretation of the classic three games, and even I liked all the levels from the Stages of Robomasters. I do not touch them themselves, because they are not changed… However, as soon as I went deeper into the hack - and I got into those parts of the stages where they obviously either cheated, or there were clearly miscalculations in the Level Design. Although I love the Puzzle parts of the levels, however, it should be honest for the player, and not just “Hardcore and go for luck”. However - I met it - and I’m upset that a great start, almost “vanilla” - ends with an unsuccessful decision.
Try it and you. Maybe I didn’t see something, but personally I can’t recommend it because of unjustified expectations”
Version 1.0 Recommended - No
|Rockman 2DASH - The hack that...||diablo666||18 Dec 2021||1.0||No|
|An interesting mix of MM2 and MM1!||AVIX64||26 Sep 2021||1.0||Yes|
|Rockman 2: Dash! - EH||Dobu_GM||23 Apr 2019||1.0||No|