Mother 2 Deluxe
Hack of EarthBound
Mother 2 Deluxe
Hack of EarthBound
|Patching Information||Requires Custom Patcher|
|Hack Release Date||04 February 2021|
|Last Modified||21 November 2021|
The new 2.0 version of Mother 2 Deluxe is a VAST improvement over the old 1.31 version that was here in romhacking.net.
A very small selection of major new features:
- Massively rebalanced to make the game more fair and less arbitrarily difficult.
- Jeff has his own Tools menu of his special items to free up his inventory.
- Many new battle animations for PSI and Jeff’s Tools.
- New final dungeon to tie Mother 2 and 3 together.
- Your Places (formerly known as Your Sanctuaries) that can be skipped until later (Lilliput Steps, Milky Well, Magnet Hill, and Pink Cloud) now auto upgrade their enemies and bosses over time to stay at your power level all game.
- Enemies completely reprogrammed to be very intelligent. Bosses and stronger enemies can detect status ailments on them and heal themselves.
- New PSI and PSI arrangements and costs.
- New battle sprites and enemy overworld sprites.
SO MUCH MORE!
Hack requires EBP (Earthbound Patcher) in order to patch.
Does not play nice with Snes9x and Zsnes (why are you using Zsnes!?) Recommended emulators are BSNES and Mesen-S.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: EarthBound (USA)
- Database: No-Intro: Super Nintendo Entertainment System (v. 20210222-050638)
- File/ROM SHA-1: D67A8EF36EF616BC39306AA1B486E1BD3047815A
- File/ROM CRC32: DC9BB451
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|Messianic||Design||Everything other than ASM hacking, and a small amount of ASM|
|The Kirby||Hacking||ASM hacking all previous versions|
User Review Information
It's like playing for the first time againReviewed By: MenderMan on 11 Dec 2021
I have beaten EarthBound many times, perhaps in the 10s-20s range in count (I’ve long since lost count). As such, I basically know the vanilla game inside out. How to defeat each enemy easily, how to demolish bosses in few rounds, it becomes easy after so many times of replaying my all time favorite game.
Which is why this is my all time favorite hack of literally anything. It breathes so much new life into the game that it feels completely fresh and brand new, like playing the game for the first time again. The difficulty has been ramped up, yes, but I think in a good and fun way. Every enemy can completely destroy you, but you have the tools to destroy them instead if you play your cards right. Most of the fun from this hack is figuring out how to win in the most effective manner.
What helps with this is all the buffed PSI and tools you are given. Many status PSI that previously were only useful for like, one boss, are now useful for everything until late game (where enemies have very high resistances). Jeff’s tools are now in a separate menu like PSI is, meaning he has a lot more room in his inventory for food items and such. In fact, Jeff might be the most useful party member because of all the tools he brings to the table, and the fact the he is now the fastest party member in the game (Paula and Jeff swapped Speed stats).
There are some rather annoying bugs, but the creator is good at attempting to flatten them. I don’t really know where else I’m going with this so I’ll just skip to whether I recommend it or not. Basically yes, if you either know EarthBound extremely well like I do, or you are completely 100% new to the series/game. For everyone else, it’s hard to recommend because of how hard it is. But yeah, good hack.