Hack of Tetris
Hack of Tetris
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Patch Version||Final V2|
|Hack Release Date||16 April 2013|
|Last Modified||16 February 2016|
This is a 2 player hack for the NES version of Tetris. In order to accomplish this, the ROM was converted from MMC1 to MMC3. The PRG was expanded to have 2 additional PRG banks.
Also, a custom bankswap routine was added since no bankswap was present in the original ROM. The following features were added:
- Enabled 2 player mode.
- Created custom controls for 2nd player on non & in-game screens.
- Created custom designs for A/B-Type 2 player mode.
- Created asm to allow 2nd player to have stats shown on in-game screen.
- Player 2 has the ability to write their name into the scoreboard.
- Added a new gameplay feature to the B-Type Mode. In B-Type mode, in order to win 25 lines must be cleared. There is now the ability to choose how many lines to clear. There is a choice from 01-80 lines to clear.
- Player 2 now has the ability to obtain their own game piece, no longer sharing/stealing from player 1.
- Player 2 now has a proper NEXT piece box, along with working select button to enable/disable display.
- Player 2 now has the ability to select an additional +10 levels from what they choose from A/B-Type (player 1 can hold the A button down when they have level 0-9 highlighted, and when they press start with A button held, the player will start +10 levels from what was selected. Player 2 can also do the same thing. However, this can only be done while player 2 holds down the B button. When player 1 presses start, player 2 needs to have the B button held down in order to get the +10 level).
The archive also includes a .sav file for those who own a powerpak for the NES.
ROM / ISO Information:
- CRC32: 110A9ADD
- MD5: 5C4AB6B03431F7298B19BCAB58E858F0
- SHA-1: 865849AA2064AB38A5959116E697EBBFDA9F4795
- SHA-256: A470D8CF85E7C9A32073EF56EE80963BE3D339BA7E36DBDF1EE30FDF09B09211
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
User Review Information
Such a nice polished gameReviewed By: tecvoid on 06 Dec 2021
Great game, the only thing confusing right off is the original scores setting. It’s referring to the fact the game doesn’t reset scores. I’m not sure if that’s true in an emulator situation, but the menu setting is there to wipe the high scores that are battery written SDRAM memory
Anyhow that’s what I understood. The 2 player game is great it just doesn’t have the garbage block attacks, but who cares. Another user pointed out that the junk version accessible by Game Genie had that, but for some reason it’s not in this version - but it’s got so much other great stuff it’s the best version anywhere.
Version Final V2 Recommended - Yes
|Such a nice polished game||tecvoid||06 Dec 2021||Final V2||Yes|
|Awesome, but...||AgentCPU0||09 Feb 2019||Final V2||Yes|
|Huge improvement over retail version, but still missing garbage block attacks||I am Christina Aguilera||02 Oct 2016||Final V2||Yes|
|Nice Hack||MathUser2929||29 Nov 2012||N/A||Yes|