Super Metroid Turbo!
Hack of Super Metroid
Super Metroid Turbo!
Hack of Super Metroid
|Patching Information||No-Header (SNES)|
|Hack Release Date||09 December 2021|
|Last Modified||09 December 2021|
Super Metroid turbo ! 7.37i version
Faster speed mode, based on Project Base 0.7.3 (Gameplay only), with Control Freak feature. what this patch does :
- Faster Doors transition speed
- Doors opening faster
- Faster Elevators speed
- Faster pause screen
- Possibility to skip intro by pressing start button, from project base 0.8.1 feature
- Remove fanfare music when collecting new item and replaces them with sound FX that don’t interrupt the BG music, thanks to Sadiztyk Fish
- hold down to make bombs explode instantly with no jump (only works on the ground), from project base 0.7.3 feature
- charge beam attracts energy/ammo drops from enemies much faster and smoother than before, from project base 0.7.3 feature
- Samus’s suit palette in the ending will match the suit that was equipped when the game was beaten, from project base 0.7.3 feature
- Morphball animation plays only if Samus actually moving, from project base 0.7.3 feature
- Samus now has a fully drawn suit in the equipment pause menu, from project base 0.7.3 feature
- Adjusted the energy and ammo drop rates for most enemies to be less stingy, from project base 0.7.3 feature
- Most of demos on the title screen has been replaced (for watch them you have to wait few seconds on the title screen)
- Display hours:minutes:seconds format when ending game (THE OPERATION WAS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY CLEAR TIME) instead of hours:minutes. thanks to PHOSPHOTiDYL
- Display gametime, and percent item collect to the Equipment pause Screen. thanks to scyzer and PHOSPHOTiDYL
- Control Freak : Changes the control setup for the game, to something closer to the newer GBA Metroid games, thanks to Kejardon. more info for this patch : https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/405/
- Add Hard mode difficulty in the options menu (Normal by default) thanks to PHOSPHOTiDYL
- Power Bombs reveal hidden tiles
- Screw Attack now destroys frozen enemies (by Adamf).
- Intro text can be sped up by pressing a button.
- Unstuck at tourian: it’s now possible to return to other areas (only works with RestoreDoorsTransitions.ips optionnal patch).
- Adds 2 new unique items upgrades: WAVE DASH and HAMMERBALL (by mccad00). Will you be able to find them?
- WAVE DASH: While spin jumping, hold run and double tap left or right to become temporarily invulnerable and dash through enemies.
- HAMMERBALL: While in the morph ball, hold down and press ‘Aim down’ midair to perform an incredibly fast downward attack. Destroys speed booster blocks and utilizes the shinespark contact damage
- Changes ending time: 2 hours instead of 3 hours for the best ending, and 8 hours instead of 10 hours playing for the “bad” ending, due to the faster way we play.
- Grey door timer in the bomb torizo room is changed, it’s now possible to avoid the fight with bomb torizo if you’re fast enough by escaping before the door closing
- Welcome screen changed to 2021
- bug fixes (thanks to Nodever2)
changes from 7.37b to 7.37i :
- Updated MSU-1 patch to v2 : when big metroid finish to drain energy the music is now stopping, instead of play samsus theme music. Happens only when using custom music
- Restore default screw attack palette
- Fix an issue caused by a conflict between control freak and project base : when aim downleft or downright (with aim button), and walk off a ledge it will reset to aiming upleft or upright (thanks to laserlambert for reporting it)
- Fix an issue caused by a conflict between control freak and project base : when aiming downleft (with aiming button) and walking left into a wall, it will reset to aiming upleft (thanks to laserlambert for reporting it)
- Fix an issue caused by a conflict between control freak and project base : when aiming downright (with aiming button) and jumping while walking right, it will do a spinning jump (thanks to laserlambert for reporting it)
- Fix a bug happens on some demos scenes in title screen
- Updated RestoreDefaultItemFanfare_Music&MsgBox_HUD.ips optional patch
- added LessWiderX-Ray.ips optional patch
- added DefaultControl(removeControlFreak).ips to remove control freak controls (restore vanilla controls)
- added NewButtonConfigurationByDefault.ips to change default configuration buttons to match with speed runners often uses
- Possibility to skip intro by pressing start button (project base 0.8.1 feature)
- Restore default fanfare music when collecting Morph Ball, first missile, first super missile, and first power bomb.
- New fanfare sound for each other items.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Super Metroid (Japan, USA) (En,Ja).smc
- File/ROM SHA-1: ADA14152FC72E630D10BA30B7FB478B45C4739C0
- File/ROM CRC32: 9D445085
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|SadiztykFish (Scyzer)||Hacking||ASM hacks|
|P.JBoy||Hacking||remove doors transitions, eye door projectile crash fix, game disassembly and more|
|Nodever2||Hacking||Speed Booster Vertical Jump Speed Fix and Reserve Tank Bugfixes patches|
|adamf||Hacking||Screw Attack Frozen Enemies|
User Review Information
Best Metroid QoL improvementReviewed By: laserlambert on 26 Nov 2021
All aiming issues seem completely fixed as of 7.37f version, so I think that this is now the best QoL improvement version of Super Metroid Out there!
Version 7.37f Recommended - Yes
|Best Metroid QoL improvement||laserlambert||26 Nov 2021||7.37f||Yes|
|A "Just Right" Update||lastdual||31 Dec 2019||7.34||Yes|
|Welcome improvements for replaying the game||MattKimura||17 Dec 2019||7.33||Yes|
|The right touch||andrewclunn||07 Nov 2019||7.3||Yes|