|Release Date||29 June 2015|
|Last Modified||17 January 2017|
Floating IPS is an IPS patcher, intended to replace Lunar IPS.
- Can apply multiple patches at once. (Can’t create multiple patches at once, though; make a batch file if you need that.)
- Generated patches are (usually) (slightly) smaller (both LIPS and Flips are fully capable of applying patches generated with the other.)
- Can apply and create patches through the command line (note that it’s a hybrid console/GUI apps, and cmd doesn’t really like that, so the output gets misplaced. It acts sanely if called from a batch file.)
- Can apply a patch and run it in an emulator without forcing the user to create temporary files.
- Can handle files containing characters outside the 8-bit character set.
- Can apply and create BPS patches.
- Includes a Linux build
Great For Large BPS FilesReviewed By: Immorpher on 24 Oct 2021
I was using the beat patcher and it worked great for small files, but as the file sizes started to approach 20 MB it became quite slow. However Floating IPS works like a charm and generates BPS files in a fraction of the time. I now include it as an autopatcher in my batch scripts to for various mods as well! A great program overall for the modding community!
Version 1.31 Recommended - Yes
|Great For Large BPS Files||Immorpher||24 Oct 2021||1.31||Yes|
|Wow! I never thought this show was so cool.||Vallenatero2015||03 May 2021||1.31||Yes|
|If you like LunarIPS, use this instead||Kazuto||29 Apr 2021||1.31||Yes|
|Works great with Linux!||Weicxiable||17 Jan 2017||1.31||Yes|
|Mostly the same but better.||Chronosplit||07 Feb 2021||1.12||Yes|