|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Genre||Action > Platformer|
|Game Date||02 February 2001|
|Release Date||29 September 2021|
|Last Modified||29 September 2021|
Samurai Kid is an action platformer game for the Game Boy.
Samurai Kid is one of those little Game Boy Color gems that had been left untranslated until now!
Enjoy one of the best puzzle platformers for the Game Boy Color for the first time in English :-)
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: Samurai Kid (Japan)
- Database: No-Intro: Game Boy/Color (v. 20210227-015730)
- File/ROM SHA-1: 42834C6A1EA9A0E1D73BB01AC83A4BC504C86C4E
- File/ROM CRC32: 44A9DDFB
User Review Information
A professional looking English translation!Reviewed By: SegaJAM on 01 Oct 2021
Played through the first two levels and felt that the translation was really well done. The fonts are great and fit with the game’s theme and the story and dialogue have a lot of charm.
The game itself is a really fun little puzzle-platformer. Some tips for those who want to check the game out:
1. Holding the B button charges your currently equipped weapon. The gourd can be thrown to activate hard-to-reach switches, the katana can do a charge slash that breaks rocks, and the fan can fire a tornado that can push enemies/objects away.
2. Hold up and press jump to do a high jump. This also works when jumping diagonally.
3. To move a block one space at a time, simply walk into it and hold that direction for a full second.
Here’s a link to to some gameplay for those curious about the translation or just want to see the game in action!
Version 1.0 Recommended - Yes
|A professional looking English translation!||SegaJAM||01 Oct 2021||1.0||Yes|
|I didn't even know about this game until now||lsignoret||29 Sep 2021||1.0||Yes|