Game Genie Guy!
|Release Date||13 March 2015|
|Last Modified||26 July 2015|
Game Genie Guy! by Kyle
This is a small Windows utility for applying Game Genie codes to roms. This saves you the trouble of having to enter them each time the game is played.
1. Click the Browse button and select an unzipped Game Boy/Game Gear/Genesis/NES/SNES rom - The system dropdown should populate based on the file extension - The checksum box will also be enabled for non-NES games
2. Enter the desired codes, one per line. Multiple codes can be combined with +
3. Click Patch when all codes have been entered
4. Open the created ‘File GG.rom’ in an emulator to test
uCON64 is used for checksum correction. This is required if you are using flash carts. Most emulators are not bothered by it. I recommend the MinGW version because it has no dependencies.
Download ucon64-2.0.0-win32-mingw-bin.zip and extract ucon64.exe to same folder as GGGuy.exe: http://ucon64.sourceforge.net/
A great patcherReviewed By: Korokun on 14 Sep 2021
I use this when modifying prepatched ROMs. Esp those who’ve been hacked / spite change etc.
- Open up GGGuy, find codes, patch them etc. Make sure you have both cygwin1 and cyggcc_s-1 dll(s) in the same folder then patch. No need to make an IPS of them.
- Find game you want to patch it with. The match CRC does not matter.
- PATCH MAIN GAME FIRST BEFORE ADDING HACK. (Not that it matters but still you want to be safe then sorry.)
- PATCH .IPS ROMHACK to PATCHED game. It will add a “GG” at the end plus (patched) to it’s name.
- For multi codes just add a “+” without quotations to them, and for singles, paste as is.
- Try to refrain from 6 digit codes vs. 8. If using 6, test first to see if game will load and/or crash.
But like the below poster said, if you’ll pulling codes from GameHacking and they’re RAW e.g. ABCD:EF; a 6 digit GG code will more then likely crash a game vs. an 8 digit code.
Note: I pull all my gamegeine and hacking related codes from GameHacking.org.
Version 1.0 Recommended - Yes
|A great patcher||Korokun||14 Sep 2021||1.0||Yes|
|Troublesome but works||NES Universe||02 Jun 2021||1.0||Yes|
|Loving this app!||TheHandsomeDan||17 Jan 2018||1.0||Yes|
|Freaking cool||Teeporage777||20 Dec 2017||1.0||Yes|