Dune ROM Editor
|Game||Dune: The Battle for Arrakis|
|Release Date||24 July 2021|
|Last Modified||25 July 2021|
This editor lets you make lots of adjustments to your Dune: The Battle for Arrakis game, and will patch the changes into your ROM.
Things in the game you can adjust and patch into your ROM:
- How much some of the units cost.
- How much damage the units cause when they attack.
- How strong the shields are.
- How fast the units/vehicles can go.
- How far units can shoot.
- How much energy Windtraps produce.
- Can enable it so that you can build your buildings anywhere on the map, including on sand.
- Can enable it so that you can see the entire map.
- Can make adjustments so the game is easier or harder for you, or easier or harder for the CPU.
- Handy buttons that show you useful info.
- Editor remembers your previous settings, and will display them the next time you run the editor (can also click on a button to show your previous settings). This is very useful if you want to make more adjustments, but can’t remember what they were.
- Only works on the USA version. CRC32 = 4DEA40BA. ROM must be in bin/gen/md format, will not work on smd type ROMs.
- Editor checks to make sure you have the correct file/version, and won’t let you open the wrong one.
Love it!Reviewed By: vikfield on 31 Jul 2021
I’ve been wanting to hack this amazing sega game for a long time, and then Tony Hedstrom brings us this wonderful program so we can start creating our own hack for Dune II.
This program is very basic and easy to use, in fact, it is self explanatory. One of the functions that I liked the most is that you can see the original values of the game at any time and make comparisons with your work without taking any risk. by the way, if the modifications you have made were not to your liking, you can always return the rom to its original state without corrupting it by using the same options already mentioned.
The only bad thing (if it should be said like this) is that at the moment only a few unit types can be modified; but I’m sure the developer will make new updates with more options and units to modify in due time.
keep up the good job, Tony, and thank you so much!
Version 0.9 Recommended - Yes
|Love it!||vikfield||31 Jul 2021||0.9||Yes|