Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past
Hack of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past
|Patching Information||No-Header (SNES)|
|Hack Release Date||05 June 2021|
|Last Modified||05 June 2021|
Zelda’s wish has had a different outcome than expected, leading to a world not so different from her original…
This hack was made to provide a new adventure in Hyrule. As such, much of the world will have a similar feel to the original while providing new challenges, a different route, and possibly a new trick.
This hack has moderate modifications to the overworld, offering a new look to familiar spaces. Some text has been modified to match this different world. All dungeons were modified, leading to new routes, different big chest items, new puzzles, and increased difficulty. Reflecting the increased difficulty, all that remains of your uncle is a pile of clothes and his sword. Bomb jumping is not required. Save states are not required to complete this journey. Good knowledge of the base game will be helpful.
- Moderate overworld modification
- Minor changes to monologue
- Modified dungeons (all)
- Increased difficulty
- Changed Ganon’s Tower to eliminate possible softlock.
- Changed Swamp Palace locked door to remove possible softlock
- Hints have been added via monologue and adjustments to surroundings
- Additional monologue changes have been made (minor change)
- Red mail is now hidden in the world (all items are now possible)
- Armos Knights (1st), Helmasaur, and Arrghus arenas have been modified
- Additional health and magic are available
- Tweaks to dungeons
Use UPS patcher
ROM / ISO Information:
- Name: Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past (USA)
- Size: 1024KB
- File/ROM SHA-1: 6D4F10A8B10E10DBE624CB23CF03B88BB8252973
- File/ROM CRC32: 777AAC2F
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
User Review Information
Great and Balanced Hack (Not Insanely Hard!)Reviewed By: nyquist_theory on 31 May 2021
This is a very well-made hack that I thoroughly enjoyed playing from start to end. Couple of high points and a few low points to mention:
- The Author did an amazing job to re-work the game! As someone who played this growing up it was great to get a new level of challenge that wasn’t completely insane while keeping things fresh.
- Really makes you think! And you will get used to some dash moves you never thought possible. By the end you’ll be a pro :).
- Like I said, I really enjoyed this and decided to play it thru unlike some of the other ROM Hacks for LTTP that I had tried that were truly too hard for me to enjoy.
- Make no mistake: it is hard and you will feel accomplished as you work thru the completely redone dungeons!
- Got soft-locked on the Dark World Water/Swamp Dungeon… if you plan to attack this dungeon do yourself a favor and create a save-state FIRST. I thankfully had one from not too far before and it saved me. I think someone else mentioned it happens if you start the dungeon, then go adventuring out into the world and return.
- Somehow I couldn’t find exactly ONE heart piece :(
- Others mentioned it, but no, Red Armor isn’t attainable (Blue is the most I got) but this is probably to keep the game more challenging.
This is my first review and I want to thank the author for a great experience overall!!!
Version 1.0.2 Recommended - Yes
|Good navigational themes but poor trap and enemy structure||ChaosPrime8||22 Jun 2022||1.1.0||No|
|Too many stumped moments||MattKimura||28 Nov 2021||1.1.0||No|
|Great and Balanced Hack (Not Insanely Hard!)||nyquist_theory||31 May 2021||1.0.2||Yes|
|Very fun and enjoyable||RayofJay||12 Apr 2021||1.0.2||Yes|
|The best ALTTP hack so far!||Lunaria||14 Mar 2021||1.0.2||Yes|
|Pretty Balanced Hack||Blazing||08 Feb 2021||1.0.2||Yes|