Final Fantasy VII
|Patching Information||Targets ISO (Disc Based)|
|Game Date||31 January 1997|
|Release Date||01 February 2021|
|Last Modified||02 February 2021|
Final Fantasy VII is a role playing game for the PlayStation.
We decided to port the retranslation of the PC version into the PSX.
This is where it all began: https://ff7.live/
Download links in “readme” file (see page 8): https://tinyurl.com/gq91c8iy
ROM / ISO Information:
- You will need the original US version with the correct size and hash values:
- Disc 1 (SCUS-94163): 747.435.024 bytes
- CRC32: 1459CBEF
- MD5: CCE4E76D020B47847FE8E2F81FF613DB
- SHA-1: 1F890164AC4DAEBA07DEF64BB5B636BFAA1D3AB9
- Disc 2 (SCUS-94164): 732.657.408 bytes
- CRC32: A997A8CC
- MD5: CCF63CD314D3E79878323199EB09D7DD
- SHA-1: 9B8456C661722B032E24F2596840B06EA5CBDD46
- Disc 3 (SCUS-94165): 659.561.952 bytes
- CRC32: 1C27B277
- MD5: EAC916B42D5C24F951C8DEC2F13A63DE
- SHA-1: 0D9614FCD1288BBFF2C53E690C6F626D3AC28FD0
User Review Information
Definitely an improvement over the originalReviewed By: hemipode on 18 May 2021
Thoroughly enjoyed what this adds to the experience. Does a much, much better job communicating the contents of the game than the official translation effort. Thanks for working on this and enhancing the experience!
I however encountered bugs by the latter part of the game, where the materia caves gets accessible via mountain/ocean/gold chocobos. Instead of collecting the materias, the game triggers a fight and locks up. But as long as you have an original disc to, it’s possible to collect them and save, and continue with the translation.
Other than that, a great joy to play!
Version R06g Recommended - Yes
|Definitely an improvement over the original||hemipode||18 May 2021||R06g||Yes|
|Recommended for a Second Playthrough||Mother Kojiro||28 Jan 2017||1.0||Yes|
|Thank you!||tacodaemon||23 May 2015||1.0||Yes|