|Release Date||29 June 2015|
|Last Modified||17 January 2017|
Floating IPS is an IPS patcher, intended to replace Lunar IPS.
- Can apply multiple patches at once. (Can’t create multiple patches at once, though; make a batch file if you need that.)
- Generated patches are (usually) (slightly) smaller (both LIPS and Flips are fully capable of applying patches generated with the other.)
- Can apply and create patches through the command line (note that it’s a hybrid console/GUI apps, and cmd doesn’t really like that, so the output gets misplaced. It acts sanely if called from a batch file.)
- Can apply a patch and run it in an emulator without forcing the user to create temporary files.
- Can handle files containing characters outside the 8-bit character set.
- Can apply and create BPS patches.
- Includes a Linux build
If you like LunarIPS, use this insteadReviewed By: Kazuto on 29 Apr 2021
FLIPS looks and behaves pretty similar to LunarIPS, but it also adds support for BPS patch type, allows applying multiple patches at once, and the big one: by default, it will output a *different* file than the source file. No more easily overwriting your base rom by accident!
The default name for the patched rom will be the same as the name of the patch itself. I think this, alone, is enough of a reason to update from LunarIPS, but they don’t mention this in the bullet points for the features of FLIPS, so that’s why I wrote a review about it. :P
Version 1.31 Recommended - Yes
|Great For Large BPS Files||Immorpher||24 Oct 2021||1.31||Yes|
|Wow! I never thought this show was so cool.||Vallenatero2015||03 May 2021||1.31||Yes|
|If you like LunarIPS, use this instead||Kazuto||29 Apr 2021||1.31||Yes|
|Works great with Linux!||Weicxiable||17 Jan 2017||1.31||Yes|
|Mostly the same but better.||Chronosplit||07 Feb 2021||1.12||Yes|