Final Fantasy IV - Ultima
Hack of Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy IV - Ultima
Hack of Final Fantasy II
|Released By||8-bit fan|
|Patching Information||No-Header (SNES)|
|Hack Release Date||18 March 2021|
|Last Modified||18 March 2021|
Final Fantasy IV - Ultima is a ‘deluxe’ version of Final Fantasy II for the SNES. This hack adds a bunch of additions to the base game while keeping the majority of the main story intact and the feel of FF2US the same.
List of features, additions and changes:
- Party Swapping among 10 different members at Endgame!!
- Dark Knight Cecil now available at endgame!!
- A VERY Challenging BOSS RUSH Mode unlocked at endgame!!
- New Game+ mode with higher MAX level/stats!!
- 45 New Weapons! Including Magically Imbued Weapons!
- 60 New Spells/Summons! Also revamped existing spells!
- 32 New Bosses! Brand New Boss at Endgame with Randomized AI!
- New Status ‘Aura/Color’ for buffs/ailments during battle!!
- Damage Limit increased to 14999! Can turn Encounters On/Off!
- New Areas! New Side Quests! New and Upgradable Commands!!
- New Enemy Graphics! New Events! New Endgame Scenarios!
- New Equipment Screen with DETAILED buffs and stats!!
- New attack/swing/spell animations!
- New weapon graphics!! New sound effects! New items!!
- New maps, new areas and new edits to overworld maps!
- New events! New enemies!! Sprint with the Y button!!
- New commands for characters. New Armors and Gears!
- Revamped shops/equipment and balanced their progression.
- Dark Knight Cecil now dual-wields and is 2-handed!!
- Edge is now buffed offensively! Stealing is also buffed!
- Rydia has also been buffed. It’s a surprise!
- Cecil has been buffed as a tank.
- Rosa can use more White Mage combative gears.
- Kain has new offensive buffing spells.
- Yang, Edward, Palom, Porom and others have also been buffed!
- Rare items and summons now drop much easier! This hack’s main game is designed as a ‘play-through’ without grinding.
- Many enemies now have meaningful rare drops, and all end-game enemies now have rare ultimate drops!
- Lots of secrets that can lead to early acquirement of better equipment!
- Few minor tweaks to the base game such as save points, etc.
- MOST items/equipment are now non-missable. Meaning they will be acquirable in some ways at end-game.
More guides and info at:
ROM / ISO Information:
- Final Fantasy II (U) [!] (v1.1).smc
- Version 1.1
- Unheadered (1,049,088 bytes)
- CRC-32: 23084FCD
- MD-5: 27D02A4F03E172E029C9B82AC3DB79F7
- SHA-1: 41A74EB369A7A91815529EF99AB1B20E20E2BDF3E26
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
|8-bit fan||Hacking||Hack Creator|
|chillyfeez||Hacking||Custom Graphics/Various ASM work|
|vivify93||Hacking||Project II used as base|
|Grimoire LD||Hacking||Critical Hit bug fix, Adamant Armor bug fix|
|Myself086||Hacking||Improved Sprint function|
|b0ardface||Hacking||Attack Power Overflow bug fix|
|Aexoden||Hacking||Various ASM work|
|Crow!||Hacking||Advanced Equipment Screen mod|
User Review Information
11/10 hack for sureReviewed By: sd22 on 07 Apr 2021
Final Fantasy IV is my favorite game of all time, strangely it isn’t even nostalgia based. I played it first on GBA after completing 7,8,9,10,1,2 and 3. I loved it for several reasons and among them was how impressed I was with how the developers got me so invested in the story, character and drama of FFIV given the limited tech.
That being said, 8-bit and Co. squeezed so much content into the game that I didn’t even think was possible. I never played the SNES version of IV (beat it on GBA, DS and PSP) and never thought that I would, until I stumbled upon this hack. Lol, safe to say it blew my mind. It’s as if these guys brought out as much potential as they could with IV SNES. I love FFIV but its definitely an outdated game, playing this hack in 2021, it didn’t feel outdated at all. If anything this is now my favorite way to play IV.
The added difficulty, refined and new skills and extra content were great but its really the little touches that really brings it all together. One of them being the script and dialogue, the way that the script is done makes everything flow and feel much more cohesive, like how Kluya, Joanna and Theodor all had their names in it. Even Leonora. It just feels like there is a lot of thought and care. Another attention to detail that I thought was masterful was the addition of Zemus fight(s), with SPM and his illusions, because he really felt like this powerful psychic entity that’s a threat even before reaching him, but the closer you get the more you can feel his threat and presence. It’s these little details that really make it for me. Even all of the new areas felt organic and made sense within the world.
I could go on and on, but I’m just going to say, if you ever want to play FFIV try out this hack. Thank you again to 8-bit and everyone involved. I will definitely play this again sometime in the near future and am excited to see all of the new content by then!