TMNT 2 - Options mode
Hack of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game
TMNT 2 - Options mode
|Patching Information||No Special Requirements|
|Genre||Action > Beat 'Em Up|
|Hack Release Date||13 April 2021|
|Last Modified||13 April 2021|
Here is a hack that adds an options mode for the title screen with several functions.
- Changed “ULTRA” to “KONAMI” at the credits sequence.
- Fixed the ending sequence bg graphics when using the patch along with the bugfix & polish hack (compatibility).
- Changed the Ultra logo to the Konami logo on the title screen.
- Added “Mania” difficulty setting.
- Added “Fighting” setting. Old = original game, New = rebalanced hp for enemies. Set “new” as default.
- Made it so enemies don’t have invincibility frames when attacked when using the “new” fighting setting.
- The special attack does 50% more damage in the “new” fighting setting.
- Redesigned the options screen.
- Moved the “nesrocks.com 2021″ credit into the options screen.
- Difficulty settings now also affect the enemies’ aggressiveness.
- Difficulty settings now also affect enemies’ starting hp if using “new” fighting mode.
- Improved how scrolling works. Standing on the right side of the screen causes an auto scroll to take place. The point at which a manual scroll happens has been moved slightly to the left for a better experience. So now the screen is divided into 3 areas, as far as scrolling is concerned, instead of the original 2. No scroll, manual scroll and auto scroll. Originally it was just no scroll and manual scroll.
- Added compatibility to the “TMNT II - The Arcade Game Revamped” and to the “TMNT2 - Bugfix & Polish” hacks. First apply the revamped patch, then the bugfix patch, and then the options mode patch.
- title screen and options menus can be controlled with the original select button, but also with Up/Down.
- title screen and options menus can be confirmed with the original start button but also the A button.
- options mode with sound test for all the music in the game.
- options mode for selecting number of lives (0-9).
- options mode for selecting number of continues (0-9).
- options mode for selecting the difficulty mode.
Normal = original game. Hard = you take double damage from all sources. Easy = you take half damage from all sources, to a minimum of 1 damage.
ROM / ISO Information:
- Database match: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II - The Arcade Game (USA)
- Database: No-Intro: Nintendo Entertainment System (v. 20210216-231042)
- File SHA-1: 40FF068D2A7BE1202D843C2A9DC1220F087A094A
- File CRC32: C9FFBBDB
- ROM SHA-1: DEE9CF8DCC91DE3F9C65181A07E7E84F7570363D
- ROM CRC32: A9217EA2
|Contributor||Type of contribution||Listed credit|
User Review Information
Play TMNT 2 your way.Reviewed By: peacefighter on 04 Apr 2021
This does what it set out to do. If you want to listen to the music, it has that. If you want to choose your life or continue count, got you there too. If you want to play the game starting at a certain level, you are covered too. It even has a difficulty option.
All the options are there from the start menu. There is no Konami code. You can just play the way you want. Any TMNT fan should have this ROM hack. Simple premise done amazing well. Would I recommend this? Yes. This is an amazing update to an amazing game!
Version 1.0 Recommended - Yes
|You Win||Eldrethor||17 Jun 2021||1.13||Yes|
|Hunga for another Cowabunga with this hack!||eskayelle||15 Jun 2021||1.13||Yes|
|The game is perfect now||KevvyLava||04 Apr 2021||1.0||Yes|
|Play TMNT 2 your way.||peacefighter||04 Apr 2021||1.0||Yes|